apple TV 2 NAS Streaming with xmbc
akid1 Wrote:Hi Budgreg, as far as i know NFS is currently not supported.

No
After first installation of XBMC on my ATV2 I added a network source using Windows SMB, everything is fine with my NAS (Thecus N3200Pro), the only serious issue: I get an error message when I try to play from playlists.

The same playlists work fine on my Acer Revo, basically they look like this:

Code:
smb://N3200Pro/Music/MP3/Drum and Bass/2 Bob Soundsystem - Get High Fiona.mp3

On the ATV2 there is a permission denied error - crash log says:

Code:
12:07:26 T:149651456 M:112320512   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://N3200Pro/Music'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

So I added the source like Kaiserlein described here, but the problem remains...

Any ideas?
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
@Bobby

For my qnap i use an xbmc_user account. On my nas i have the same user xbmc_user and same password. This way my atv2 can auth with an user account and have write permissions to the shares i set it for.

Can you try doing the same. Create an account that has the same login name and password on your nas as the one in your atv2. This could also be solved with the sorces.xml i think. I dont know how your NAS logging is done, but check that you really are logged in with the xbmc_user account from your nas's loggs.

A note here to: I added an account without write permissions first, when i noticed i need write permissions i changed this and applyed to the sorces.xml directly. But when i checked my nas loggs i noticed that i did not connect with this user at al. The only way i could get it to work was. Remove the source completly. Clear library and also remove the old share's from sorces.xml. I then added it again this time with the right user and checked the nas logg, now i have the right user and could also write to the share.

Best regards.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Hi Alex,

this was my idea, too, but afaik the only user on Apple TV 2 is root by standard...?

So how did you add the other user account on your ATV2?

Please note that I actually can access all files on my NAS correctly, only trying to play from playlists results in these permission errors.
Sony KD-65A1
I dont have an extra user on the atv2. When i added the source i select connect with and there put my user name and password. This will be appended to the sources.xml file. My point was if you have added an share without using any username and the later try to add one maby it is not used. Some kind of caching function or like... For me i could see in my nas logg that the connection made from my atv2 was not made by the user i specefied. Making changes to the sources.xml did not change the username connecting for me.

I did not do any more error searching i just found it strange and confusing but i thought about it when i read your post. Can you check on your thecus logging if the right user connects?
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Unfortunately my NAS (damn Thecus) has only very limited logging capabilities.

But apart from that - of course I have entered the same user name and password combination as it already exists on the NAS.

If login information was incorrect, i would not even be able to browse the share, not to speak of playing the files.
It's just a problem of the playlists.

EDIT:. Got it - I have to add username:password@ string to the playlist files...
With a script using sed it is no problem to change the playlist files in one go ;)
Sony KD-65A1
Kaiserlein Wrote:piotr is right:

You don't put in all info at once...

When trying to join a network these are the steps (not perfect, because I am not sitting in front of the xbmc right now):

1. select "search" (suchen) in the "add source" tab.
2. go down to "add network source" or similar (netzwerkfreigabe hinzufügen)
3. in the "server name" tab put ONLY the IP-Adress (there is a button for that saying "IP Adress".
4. In the next box called "share" you put the shared volume (I think in your case it is "video" (Freigabe).
5. Then username and
6. Password.

Don't touch anything other than that.

7. You are good to go.

(Worked flawlessly either on the ATV2 and the Mac with the synology Ds410j)

You don't need to play with the WINS servers or anything in your Synology Assistant network as long as you have the ATV get the IP through DNS or you are sure you use the same IP-Adress room and the right DNS adresses.

PS: please consider not writing german in an english forum. People reading this won't understand and ask the same questions over and over again. (vielen Dank).
Thanks.

Hi,

Where exactly can I find the 'add source' tab??
iSylvio Wrote:Hi,

Where can I find the 'add source' tab??

Start XBMC. For videos:
Videos -> Files -> Add Source

For music:
Music -> Add Source
cannot add source video files. i am connecting to the share on my windows xp machine, but, no videos are found ...
Budgreg Wrote:I am on the way to get ATV2 w/ XBMC to work with my Ubuntu box. Does anybody know if I can connect XBMC to my Ubuntu box with NFS? In general the performance for video streaming is better than when using SMB...

akid1 Wrote:Hi Budgreg, as far as i know NFS is currently not supported.

NFS is supported. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Net..._%28NFS%29

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple TV 2 NAS Streaming with xmbc0