Unofficial XBMC and Home Automation iPad Controller
sunny-hd Wrote:Hi,

sorry for the late reply. We are almost ready. We will sell the XBMC Control Plugin as a addon for our Gateway Software. You will still need the iViewer for your iOS device.
The Gui Template will be included of course.

Regards
Klaus

Wow I am looking forward to it!
everyone
welcome to the future NodNodNodNod
Hi Klaus,

I also have a KNX installation and really looking forward to see how you integrated the home automation part. I have looked onto the KNX user forum. They have a solution with and one without the Gira HS.
There is a plugin for KNX into CommandFusion.The plugin works with a KNX IP router.
The other solution is called HSFusion. 30 day trial if you ask for a licence
Which one did you use? Or did you make your own? m..mh maybe?
I hope you release soon. I really like the work you have done with XBMC.

Marco
Hi,

a demo is available on http://www.homeintouch.com

Regards
Klaus

Very well done, if you have a home automation system, I have a mac and it something I will look into when funds allow
hi marco, I working with knx and I have an idea for xbmc.
Are you a coder?

Emanuele
Hi Emanuele,

No I'm not a coder. I do something completely different.
KNX got me interested since I have a house which has the system. I installed it 11 years ago.
At the time multimedia integration was just a dream. Nothing really existed besides some home built solutions.
We now have several solutions and it has become an outgrown hobby for me.
I have programmed some Philips Pronto's but they stopped making them so I started looking for new possibilities.
CommandFusion has in the meanwhile become the best replacement. It has more capabilities then the Pronto. So it is time to move to the next level.
So CF is a new challenge for me.
I try to find as much information as possible to learn from. The best for me are examples. I'm very happy that he released a demo so I have some examples!
Thanks Klaus

Greets

Marco
Hi,

we now have a guifile available that can be uploaded directly to the iViewer Next app to demonstrate the interface without license needed. You can download the iViewer Next app from the App store. Just configure the File URL in the iViewer settings to the following URL and start the app.

http://www.homeintouch.com/demo_loop/hit_iPad.gui.enc

Regards
Klaus
Hi,

we updated the iViewer XBMC Plugin and released a Windows Version.
You can download a demo from the links and watch some screenshots here.

Windows

MAC OS X

Regards
Klaus
Way to expensive!!
I agree with rasmuskarlsen! It's damn cool, but the average enthusiast can't afford to blow that much money. I really hope to see a more affordable and reasonable solution available someday.
Correct me if im wrong, but this is capable of sending controls to a pc hosting xbmc... in that case would it also be possible to enable the mic on the ios device to send voice commands as well to a program like voxcommando?

also... great work. this is the only sw i could find that integrates so tightly between home automation and xbmc with 2 way metadata and with one of the most beautiful ui's iv seen. before i found this i was going to have to use multiple apps for xbmc and home automation, so thanks for all the hard work!!
Yes, you can control any client with XBMC Eden installed. To send voice commands with iOS devices you can use a siri proxy.

Regards
Klaus
That would require a jailbreak, and from what i can tell the siri proxy is not nearly as capable as voxcommando. So does that mean that this app only controls eden, and cannot then send commands through an ir receiver to win 7?
You can send IR commands with some additional hardware like irtrans or a global cache device.

Klaus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unofficial XBMC and Home Automation iPad Controller2