[AppleTV1] how to put movie in
hi im a pc user ive been using xbmc for years on a xbox noe i just switch to a apple tv 1 it work great over network but i would love to put some movie on the hd inside the apple tv or at least on a externel coulp someone put me in the right direction please i did google it with no luck thx
Nanuk
nanuk Wrote:hi im a pc user ive been using xbmc for years on a xbox noe i just switch to a apple tv 1 it work great over network but i would love to put some movie on the hd inside the apple tv or at least on a externel coulp someone put me in the right direction please i did google it with no luck thx
Nanuk

You can enable external hdd support by installing smart installer, or you can use cyberduck (or another ssh program) for easy ssh transfers to the internal hdd. Does that help?
i try with cyberduck i put it in ssh mode put the ip adress port 8080 user xbmc password leave it blank like in the network configuration in xbmc but it dosent conect
here is my Cyberduck bookmark:
you would have to modify your server, mine is appletv-4.local, your is probably appletv.local

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
my address is appletv.local whether im over wifi, or cross over ethernet. User name and password should both be frontrow. If you used atv flash there web site has really clear instructions. This is the web address for fire cores instructions. "http://support.firecore.com/entries/259290-transferring-files-via-ftp"

nanuk Wrote:i try with cyberduck i put it in ssh mode put the ip adress port 8080 user xbmc password leave it blank like in the network configuration in xbmc but it dosent conect
do i do that from xbmc or from frontrow ?

noting seem to work and i do know how to use ftp do i have to put any special prog on the apple tv just to let u know i made the patchstick with windows xp
Are you setting the port to 22? You mentioned using 8080, that's not the port SSH will be listening on.
i try 8080 80 21 and 22 it seem to find my apple tv but its telling me no connection could me nade because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.6:22
I don't understand much about the ATV1 so someone else will have to answer...does it have an SSH server running by default?

Also, there's no firewall between the computer you're running on and the ATV, is there? Probably not, but better to make sure.

There's no need to try the other 3 ports if you're connecting using SSH. There's pretty much no chance you'll be able to conenct to them using SSH.
ssh server on the apple tv ? i do i know if its runnig or not ?
1. Did you enable ssh?
2. Did you enable FTP?
3. Test ssh in Terminal ssh [email protected]
im on windows so no terminal rally how do i enable ftp and ssh ?
Putty

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Putty
thx ill look at that
thx all of u finally got it working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] how to put movie in0