[Live] Windows SMB Shares Problem
Hey Guys,

I have an Acer Revo 1600 that I had Windows installed on it and just ran XBMC on that but I ran into problems with BSOD's so I figured I'd just take windows out of the picture since I don't really use it at all. My problem is that I can't see my desktop computer to add samba shares now after installing XBMC Live. I can see my mom's laptop and my brother's laptop when I go to add source but not my desktop. How can I get my desktop in there?
gjriehl Wrote:Hey Guys,

I have an Acer Revo 1600 that I had Windows installed on it and just ran XBMC on that but I ran into problems with BSOD's so I figured I'd just take windows out of the picture since I don't really use it at all. My problem is that I can't see my desktop computer to add samba shares now after installing XBMC Live. I can see my mom's laptop and my brother's laptop when I go to add source but not my desktop. How can I get my desktop in there?

Uninstall Microsoft Live pkg. it will cause head aches and sharing wont work for some reason. as well add the desktop as a location by its name. this should fix all issues.
In addition to the above advice.

DO NOT try to browse and find your SMB share computer. It will only lead to complications.

Add a source by "Add Network location" type in the IP address, share name, username and password.
I have had no issues with searching and browing through SMB shares under Dharma.
Alternatively one could also edit the sources.xml file.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
I have also not had issues browsing for SAMBA shares. My FreeNAS also has the ability to broadcast via ZEROCONF. Maybe this helps?! Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Windows SMB Shares Problem0