need help download logo's to media server
I have my media server set up and Fanart.TV is up. Inside XBMC I click see Logo 1 or 2 etc I click on one but it fails to install. However I can go and download the logo at fanart.tv and save to TV show folder.

On my server I have a TV Shows folder I have it set for advanced sharing for everyone and it is full control. So What must I do so I can download logo's within XBMC and save it? XBMC is running on my laptop and media files are store on my new server.

I am sure I am doing something wrong with sharing that doesn't allow mw to save files on my server from laptop.

P.S. I did a test and downloaded a picture from laptop and tried to save on media server and it says I don't have permission. I thought full control gave me permission?
Assuming you are using SMB shares (windows sharing) you have to give full permission to either: everyone or to the user you use on the laptop
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

I gave full permission under advanced share then on the security tab I change it to full permission. Yes it is SMB. I am able to use my browser to same a image to the folder on my server but still getting an error in xbmc when I attempt to download logo's.

PS Added Homgroup as a user and now it works strange.
is "Everyone" listed under group or user name under the security tab of the given folder?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
in the share option you have to check the box "allow users to modify files"
ppic Wrote:in the share option you have to check the box "allow users to modify files"

Thanks didn't know that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help download logo's to media server0