Stream videos from my XBMC-pc to my XBOX360?
Its possible to get stream videos from my XBMC-pc to my XBOX360?
No

Only option in this scenario is to have Windows Media Center installed on a PC with your movies. Then use the Media Center Extender to stream WMC to your 360.

No love for WMC in these parts though so I wouldn't expect much help on this. If you want to have another hardware platform for XBMC you may want to consider a cheap net-top or an Apple TV.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Or you could use PS3 media server. But this will require CPU - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo for 1080p at 20 mbps with DTS sound.
I thought xbmc could stream media over UpnP
It can, but it only will play files that it natively plays in my experience. That's why if you have an .mkv file with TrueHD audio, you need to transcode it on the fly.
spartan711 Wrote:It can, but it only will play files that it natively plays in my experience. That's why if you have an .mkv file with TrueHD audio, you need to transcode it on the fly.

True, this was my solution until I found XBMC. I used Tversity to transcode from my pc to 360. Works well you just cannot fast forward.
the other problems are the subs, thats why i love XBMC =)
i try the UPnP, and my XBOX see the XBMC but i cant browse the videos Sad
ssamuel68 Wrote:i try the UPnP, and my XBOX see the XBMC but i cant browse the videos Sad

Have you scanned your films into the library? uPnP clients will only see what is in the library.

JR
upnp works for me for exactly this.

though you are limited by the file formats.
Sad 
I have been trying for a couple of days to connect my windows XP PC to my xbox 360 so I can stream my files. I even have xbmc working on the pc beautifully. My xbox 360 is connected to my network and so is my pc and both are wired to my router (not wireless yet). I tested the xbox 360 and it says everything is connected, no problem there BUT it doesn't find my PC on the network. On my PC, the console shows on my lynksis's network but I have no idea why it doesn't read each other.... I tried Zune, WMP11 but I don't have WMC and its not available for my version anymore...
Can I use a external hardrive with xbmc connected to the console itself?....
Need help. THANK YOU!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream videos from my XBMC-pc to my XBOX360?0