XBMC Flicks IE Problems
I'm a noob to XBMC but am enjoying tinkering with it. I've got my MCE remote hooked up and programmed through EG. I had the XBMC plugin working well and had used it several times. Today when it redirects me to the netflix site in IE I get a warning about blocking active x controls. if i'm quick enough to grab it i click allow and all subsequent microsoft warnings but still just get a black screen. If i edit my security features i get an alternate warning message about fixing my security settings. Not sure if this is the problem but I am at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows XP SP 3
Latest build of XBMC and XBMC Flicks
I was having a similar issue except with win7 64. The addon worked great a few times but then later it would just show a black screen when it started. I tried numerous things such as rebooting and un and re installing but it didn't help.
Eventually I deleted all the app data for the addon (I think it was %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks ). After that the next time it started I needed to re-login to netflix but then the plugin worked again.
Love the addon!
Finally some free time to look at this again. Heres how it goes.

Delete all passwords from IE.
Use app from XBMC and netflix asks me to login. I select remember me on this computer.
Works great.
Shutdown XBMC or Computer and try again and no silverlight loading ring of circles just black screen.
It would appear that when I tell Netflix to remember me on this computer it can not sign in to netflix through XBMC.
Netflix works fine on its own when launched through the browser.
I should mention that i have tried my best to configure the playercore factory xml to use VLC media player for .mkv files. Perhaps someone has an example of the xml using ie for netflix and VLC for mkv. VLC media player for mkv works great.

Perhaps i've buggered something for IE and netflix?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Flicks IE Problems0