Apple TV 2 Hackware Hacks
Any news on hardware hacks for Apple TV 2 ? Would love to see USB Harddrive support ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Any news on hardware hacks for Apple TV 2 ? Would love to see USB Harddrive support ?

Never happen, atv2 has a USB device port, not a USB host port.
davilla Wrote:Never happen, atv2 has a USB device port, not a USB host port.

Thanks, so their won't be any custom hardware mods for apple tv 2 ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?p=5757511
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
davilla Wrote:Never happen, atv2 has a USB device port, not a USB host port.

I suppose one could hang the USB drive off an inexpensive router with a USB port. I have an ASUS WL-520GU that can do this and there are others like the Apple Airport Express that are a bit more expensive.

Its not as simple as plugging into the ATV2 and can mess up the home theater aesthetics Big Grin

Also, I haven't measured bandwidth delivered across this solution as compared to a real NAS.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
£50 gets you a pogoplug use that to stream your videos to the ATV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 Hackware Hacks0