[Request] Method for tracking video addons
Preface:
I stream a lot of my shows rather than downloading them due to limited space. The availability of great plugins like Hulu, Icefilms and Nick Jr. make a great solution for my storage issue.

My solution for easy plugin navigation:
I use the favorite menu to keep track of my video addons so it is easier to find the shows that I like. For example, I am a fan of Fringe. I don't want to go into the Hulu plugin and navigate to Fringe every time I want to see if there is a new episode available. Luckily I can favorite Fringe or any other show within the plugin and I can launch it from the fav menu on the home page.

That being said, it is difficult to find new content with video addons since new shows don't appear on Hulu until a few days after the original air date.

Possible Solution 1
Would it be possible to edit Nuka's Recently Added python script to track new content in addons? Then use the information to display a recently added window on the favorites menu, much like the recently added when highlighting movies or tv shows?

This is a shot in the dark and I'm guessing that it can't be done because XBMC does not have a database for video addons, however someone feel free to surprise me.

Possible Solution 2 (probably the easier way)
XBMC does a great job of marking things as watched. Would it be possible to display a Favorited item in a different color or bold text if the favorite contains unwatched content. With this method I'm guessing it would be more of a skin related issue.

Final Thoughts
The tricky part would be distinguishing between a Favorited plugin and a Favorited item within a plugin. For example, I have Hulu and Fringe as favorites. I would want to know when Fringe has new or unwatched content. On the other hand Hulu is a huge plugin with more content then I could ever watch in a lifetime. I don't need to know if it has new content. Differentiating between the two would be difficult.

So what do you guys think. Is this something remotely possible? Would anyone else besides me like this function?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
will be easier to beat a rock with your head man !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Method for tracking video addons0