[AppleTV2] 4.1 jailbreak on Windows?
Hi,

What's the best way to jailbreak ATV2 4.1 on Windows? Is it possible for it to be untethered?

Cheers.
You should read the FAQ, feeling generous so here is the extract which is relevant for you.

Senaxx Wrote:Since so many people ask the same questions it might be time for a FAQ

1. Jailbreak questions
Q: What's the difference between a tethered jailbreak and untethered jailbreak?
I will not go into details about version numbers but, some people's ATV2 or iPad or iPhone 4 came OTB (out of the box) with 4.2.1. First there was no jailbreak available but after some time there was a tethered jailbreak. Tethered means you have to boot up with your iDevice connected to a computer. You have to use seas0n pass, or redsn0w or PwnageTool to jailbreak your device. And after every power loss, or reboot (not standby) you have connect your device to a computer and reboot tethered. Unthetherd means you don't need a computer anymore (DUH) and can reboot freely without the use of a computer.

Q: When do we get and unthethered jailbreak?
A: The jailbreak is not by the XBMC team, so the XBMC team can't tell or help you with it. The teams that are working on a untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 are greenpois0n and dev-team. Greenpois0n unthetered is expected in few days/weeks.

Q: How do I jailbreak?
A:For OSX look here and for windows look here

Q: SSH say whut?
A: SSH is a secure shell to access your and install software on your ATV2. For browsing the filesystem on OSX, Windows or Linux you can use Filezilla. For commandline you can use putty on Windows, or terminal on OSX or Linux.
I am running 4.1, not 4.2.1.
dacaban Wrote:Hi,

What's the best way to jailbreak ATV2 4.1 on Windows? Is it possible for it to be untethered?

Cheers.

you will need to download the custom firmware made by pwnage tool and restore it. do not use snowbreeze to generate a custom ipsw because XBMC is not working on it.
Are you sure you have 4.1? On the ATV 4.2.1 is reported as 4.1.1 and 4.1 is reported as 4.0.

Either way, this forum isn't really the place for jailbreak questions. All the info is readily available if you bother to google it.
You can't jailbreak 4.1 unless you have the blobs stored from your device.
Apple have stopped signing 4.1 so you can't restore to it. The only option is to go to 4.2.1
I see. I will probably update the ATV2 and hope greenpoison RC5 for Windows is able to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1.
Windows version got released but no ATV2 support. The README says to wait for R6.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] 4.1 jailbreak on Windows?0