Distro Based Live Install
Admittingly, i have not done a tremendous amount of research but I am going to post this anyways.

Does the XBMC live cd have an install to disk option, where one can pop in the cd and BOOM... it's there? Similar to an Ubuntu installation?

If there isn't one, I would like to create one based off of Ubuntu 10.10 (or maybe 10.04 since it's longer supported) and enable all the skins (or most) and many plugins so that people are able to pop this in and install to a disk much more easily (make a lot of the scripts for creating set top boxes automated)....

This would benefit ME greatly because I set up XBMC boxes for a lot of people....and yeah. If it's out there, anyone want to point me in a direction? I seem to remember some user creating this somewhere...but I'm not sure. I would like to grab it if someone has done it, and customize it for my own needs...of course, I'd make it available on my server for other people too, though.
| 42" 120hz Vizio | HP Slimline 3400 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 @ 2.3GHZ | 4 GB RAM |HD: 1TB x 5 + 250GB + 500 GB | NVidia 8400 w/ HDMI | YAMAHA Receiver RX-V367 | 2 x Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II Rear Speakers | Polk Audio PSW10 10-inch Sub | Allison Acoustics Center Channel | 2 x Techniks SB-2440 Front Speakers | XBMC w/ Neon Skin | Win 7 |
http://meliketech.com
There is a Live version of XBMC available... so yes, this is possible.

Also, XBMCFreak has LiveCDs of XBMC. Sometimes these include updated drivers and packages (such as nVidia and latest kernel).
Well I knew there was a live cd, just didn't know if an "install to disk" was already present.
| 42" 120hz Vizio | HP Slimline 3400 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 @ 2.3GHZ | 4 GB RAM |HD: 1TB x 5 + 250GB + 500 GB | NVidia 8400 w/ HDMI | YAMAHA Receiver RX-V367 | 2 x Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II Rear Speakers | Polk Audio PSW10 10-inch Sub | Allison Acoustics Center Channel | 2 x Techniks SB-2440 Front Speakers | XBMC w/ Neon Skin | Win 7 |
http://meliketech.com
d1ddyp0p Wrote:Well I knew there was a live cd, just didn't know if an "install to disk" was already present.

Yes, it does include this option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distro Based Live Install0