Require v4l2-ctl package
I have recently installed XBMC Live 10, after being a user of 9. I used to use v4l2-ctl to configure my Hauppauge 350 to record an svideo feed.
With the new version I am unable to find a package that contains it.

I have installed apt-file and tried searching with that but no results.

Anyone have any ideas.
sudo apt-get install ivtv-utils. http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?search...k&arch=any. If you're unable to install make sure the multiverse sources are enabled.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I had a look at this and it wants to install a significant number of packages, a lot of which I wouldn't have thought necessary!

The following NEW packages will be installed:
arora at bsd-mailx bsdmainutils build-essential cvs dctrl-tools devscripts diffstat dpkg-dev dput g++ g++-4.4 gettext
groff-base info install-info intltool-debian ivtv-utils libauthen-sasl-perl libconfig-inifiles-perl libcroco3
libdevel-symdump-perl libfile-copy-recursive-perl libio-pty-perl libipc-run-perl liblzma1 libparse-debcontrol-perl
libphonon4 libpod-coverage-perl libqt4-dbus libqt4-designer libqt4-network libqt4-script libqt4-sql libqt4-sql-mysql
libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-xmlpatterns libstdc++6-4.4-dev libterm-size-perl libtest-pod-perl
libvideo-capture-v4l-perl libvideo-frequencies-perl libvideo-ivtv-perl lintian man-db patchutils postfix ssl-cert strace
update-inetd wdiff xz-utils
Talk to the debian/ubuntu packagers Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok, thanks for the input.
Thumbs Up 
I eventually solved this by installing build-essential and compiling version 1.0 of ivtv (just the utils part). All seems to be working for what I need.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Require v4l2-ctl package0