Wont boot - only to prompt tty1
My xbmc live 9.11 install is not booting into xbmc, rather it boots to command prompt.

The only way I can get it to boot is to log in and issue the command: sudo startx

When I do this, it loads up fine and everything works.

Any ideas?

Edit: Some useful info...booting into xbmc only works if I do "sudo startx". If I do "startx", it goes to a blank screen forever.
No one? geeeeez
sounds like a good time to upgrade to Dharma. But its funny because i'm stuck on an eternal black screen right now. yeah i just decided its not going away and im giving up. Just for an entirely different reason.

elitegm Wrote:No one? geeeeez
Hi there -

I got the same thing for XBMC Live 9.11 and 10.0. You need to update the NVIDIA drivers.

Im not a Linux expert and found a useful guide on updating the drivers here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ia+drivers

Once updated, reboot and it should go straight into XBMC Live.

Good luck.

BTW - why don't you upgrade to the new 10.0 version?
wasabe3000 Wrote:Hi there -

I got the same thing for XBMC Live 9.11 and 10.0. You need to update the NVIDIA drivers.

Im not a Linux expert and found a useful guide on updating the drivers here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ia+drivers

Once updated, reboot and it should go straight into XBMC Live.

Good luck.

BTW - why don't you upgrade to the new 10.0 version?

Thanks, but I wasnt aware of 10.0 and it is not a driver issue. Like I said, i can boot into it just fine with sudo startx

so i am guessing it is just a command missing somewhere like from a startup file?

What happened was, I got it all working with my usb wireless which was a pain in the ass. got internet connection and everything fine. But it would not connect to network shares, smb..

So I read somewhere that user xbmc need admin rights...well xbmc did not exist, so i created it and gave it admin rights, and now i am stuck in this situation...

but even now when i do sudo startx, i can access the network shares no problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wont boot - only to prompt tty10