• 7(current)
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring
0xsegfault Wrote:You can see the connected rate when clicking in "Wireless connected clients" or something like that on your Airport.

ATV2: Signal -38, Noise -93, Rate 65, Type 802.11a/n
MBPro: .............................. Rate 300, ................
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks pecinko!

I'd like to know why Apple did this. 65mbps rate? Damn.
While copying via SCP and watching via top, the ATV2 had no idle CPU left... Tongue

Copying using the "arcfour" parameter lets me reach 7MB/s, much better. But yes, the encryption kills the little one.
0xsegfault Wrote:I'd like to know why Apple did this. 65mbps rate? Damn.

But even so, you should still be able to watch BB Bunny?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

0xsegfault Wrote:Copying using the "arcfour" parameter lets me reach 7MB/s, much better. But yes, the encryption kills the little one.

So you have good enough speed for 1080p, I would say.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Drops frames on several scenes, but no buffering problems.

Used SMB or UPnP?
From the nightly build thread.

I have buffering issues with some movies over 1gig

Xvid avi 1.31gb buffers when pausing or fwd, it gets stuck on a 15 second re-buffer loop. (using smb, hard wired to router streaming from a ppc over wifi)

Using UPnp I cannot ffwd, the time always reverts back to the previous position( is this a limit of upnp?)
Reverb Wrote:Used SMB or UPnP?

My ATV is *NOT JB* yet. (See above)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Topazuk Wrote:Xvid avi 1.31gb buffers when pausing or fwd, it gets stuck on a 15 second re-buffer loop. (using smb, hard wired to router streaming from a ppc over wifi)

Guys, I don't want to sound like smart ass, but how about starting from a test-like environment - e.g. wired connections everywhere, h.264 movies with sane ref frames. Test 30fps movies if you can first. If all works, move 1 step further.

Your avi will probably have no HW acceleration and your ppp is on wifi, so wired connection on ATV won't help. Also, are you streaming (App to app) or playing (directly from shared folder using SMB)?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks

I can't hard wire as my server is downstairs, directly below.

I am direct sharing, not app to app, I will try that now.
Btw correct that uPnP don't support subtitles? Because i don't see any. And with smb i see them.
Reverb Wrote:Btw correct that uPnP don't support subtitles? Because i don't see any. And with smb i see them.

Subs are possible through UPnP/DLNA but the server and client must both support the same implementation.

In the event that they dont using a transcoder that integrates the subs into the video stream or manually burning the subs into the video stream by re-encoding the video are the only UPnP/DLNA options I think.
I tried app to app sharing and it makes no difference.

I can only assume the issue is with xbmc playing files over 1gb and certain codecs.
Tried 10.0-7. No improvement. Menus maybe seem faster though.
OK guys, here's a little update as I JB in meantime:

(NOTE: I'm still on WiFi, nothing's changed see above for HW spec)

1.Big Buck Bunny (MOV version) whole movie played just fine, without buffering (some framedrops)
2. Avatar (MKV, 12 GB, 1080p, subtitles) plays fine (some framedrops) no buffering (played 10min)

All played directly from SMB share on NAS. As for XBMC version - I just installed it through nitoTV (Git:4b032be) EDIT: i.e. version 10.0-7
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 and XBMC bufferring1