Sound from both PC & headphones at the same time
Sad 
Hello all

I've installed XBMC Live 10.0 (r35648) to my HP Compaq DC7100S, P4-520. It has an on board sound.

When playing a movie, the sound through the PC speaker works fine, but when I plug in my headphones (3.5mm jack) into either the front or back of the PC, the sound comes out through both the headphones and the PC speaker.

I would like the ability to switch between speaker & headphones when needed & not have sound through both.

Is this a driver issue?
How can I rectify?

Thanks for reading my post.
newbie.....rvec
I do not think this behavior is based on a driver setting. What you can try is buy an Y-splitter so you can Plug in your headies and your speaker into the same output. Beware, you will have a loss in quality which is no big deal if you use PC speakers
Thanks for your reply Spaggi

I don't think a Y-splitter is required in my case, because the sound from the PC is coming out the PC speaker within the PC, as I don't have external speakers attached to my computer.

My only external device is my headphones when I plugged it into either the front or the back 3.5mm jack.

rvec
update:

I tried to be smart by unplugging the PC speaker, hoping sound would only come through my headphones. XBMC said "no audio device found" when playing a movie or music......even though I could hear the clicking noise as you browse between the options in the menuHuhHuh

:-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound from both PC & headphones at the same time0