Stream movie over wireless to internet capable TV
So i did some searching and some reading from the Wiki and i could not find an answer to my question, which is.
I have my main computer upstairs, windows 7 custom build. If i would install XBMC on that computer can i wirelessly stream movies i have on my HDD's to my TV (37" Vizio Via LED LCD). Most of the videos i have are all 1080p DTS .mkv files. I have got it setup so i can stream it via WMC to my xbox 360 and then to the TV, but that is laggy and no native .mkv file support, so i was looking for an easier way to stream the movies. So to conclude, can XBMC solve my issue with streaming my movies?
If the TV supports DLNA and/or uPnP it ought to be able to connect to your XBMC, assuming you enable the uPnP server in System settings, Network. However your TV may have a restricted range of formats it can play. Try it and see.

JR
I was talking with a vizio rep and he said that the TV i got does not support DLNA. didnt Ask about uPnP. I also asked if i plugged in an external via USB to the TV he said i could not play videos that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream movie over wireless to internet capable TV0