XBMC and Confluence are beautiful, but...
XBMC is a beautiful media center especially with the Confluence skin, but I'm about ready to give up on it. I just cannot get it to work the way I envision it, and trying to configuring it is getting frustrating. I am trying to get my home window set up like this:

Weather (no problems)
Music > Library mode (no problems)
TV Shows > Library mode (problems)
Movies > Library mode (problems)
Video > File mode (problems)(no TV or Movies in here, only other video types)(this one is optional... I can live without it)

I'm on my 5th or 6th clean reinstall over the past two weeks, and sometimes I can get part of that set up working right, but never all of it.

My latest problem is this - I cannot get the Hide - Movies or Hide - TV shows to "un-grey", and the Scan item to library function will not appear in the right-click context menu for TV or Movies (it's there in Music) even though the sources have been added and the content is there. How can I force TV and Movies to appear on the home window, and why isn't scan item to library showing up?

Edit: Forgot to add: Windows 7, x64
If Hide-Movies and Hide-TV Shows is grey that means that there isn't anything in the library (so i can't display anything).

Do you have your movies in one folder (each in his own folder is optional)?
Do you have your tv shows in one folder, each in his own folder (each season in its own folder is optional)? Are they named correctly? Example:
C:\Documents\TV\Showname\Season 01\Showname.S01E01.avi

If that is all correct then add them (the root folders, so in the example add the folder TV as a TV-Show library) to a library.

Give it some time to find info on some tv-shows (internet must be working (not to slow), just do either tv-shows or movies first. As the bar on top fills up (and XBMC is finding movies/series) then you'll be able to tick the Hide-Movies or Hide-TV Shows on or off.

Start with following these steps, if it doesn't work report back with your progress and tell us where you got stuck Wink

BTW, this isn't skin related. Maybe a moderater can move this to the appropriate subforum?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Have you ever taken your car to a mechanic because it was making a funny noise... and it won't make that noise when the mechanic is there? Well, the XBMC version of that just happened to me.

I fired it up, decided to remove all my video sources and re-add them, just like I did three or four times on Monday night, and this time it all worked! I don't know why...

So just like when you tell the mechanic "I swear... it was doing it yesterday" as your face turns red, now it my turn to say it. I swear... on Monday night, no matter how many times I added my video media I could not trigger any library functions (but my music media was recognized right away). Today it worked right away! And I'm doing it the same way every time! Blush

So now I can go back to searching the Mods to get it to display the way I want... and messing up its files... and reinstalling it... again and again. Big Grin
stevieray Wrote:Thanks for the responses, guys.

Have you ever taken your car to a mechanic because it was making a funny noise... and it won't make that noise when the mechanic is there? Well, the XBMC version of that just happened to me.

I fired it up, decided to remove all my video sources and re-add them, just like I did three or four times on Monday night, and this time it all worked! I don't know why...

So just like when you tell the mechanic "I swear... it was doing it yesterday" as your face turns red, now it my turn to say it. I swear... on Monday night, no matter how many times I added my video media I could not trigger any library functions (but my music media was recognized right away). Today it worked right away! And I'm doing it the same way every time! Blush

So now I can go back to searching the Mods to get it to display the way I want... and messing up its files... and reinstalling it... again and again. Big Grin

Haha, I know what you mean Laugh

Good luck with the messing up Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Confluence are beautiful, but...0