upnp folder view
(2016-02-28, 17:40)mgpoethe Wrote:
(2015-03-15, 23:55)margotiris Wrote: So - has this issue been resolved? Is there a way to change the node structure for the music library and add a folder node? I think most upnp servers have a folder navigation node -- even Kodi has it for the video library! -- so if not now, is this something that might be included in future?

I haven't used Kodi as a upnp server for nearly a year now, so I don't know if this simple addition has finally made it in, but the way I "resolved" it is by using Mediatomb instead of Kodi to access my files via upnp. There's an option in Mediatomb to turn off the generating of everything but the plain folder navigation, so there's no folder for artist / album / year / etc, just for your folder structure (include <virtual-layout type=“disabled”> in config.txt; see here for more info). This also removes the need to read all files to index their tags and thus is very light on resources.

Update: I had a quick look and it seems there's still no access to the folder structure for the music library.

Quick recap of the issue, since previous posters in this thread seemed confused:
When you use a UPnP client to access your libraries on Kodi (with Kodi serving as a UPnP server), you get to browse the libraries using a virtual folder structure:
For the video library, Kodi serves up this structure:

And for the music library, you get this structure:

Note there's a 'Files' option for the Video library, but not for the Music library. The 'Files' node lets you browse your files using the same folder structure as on the hard drive where they're stored. The issue discussed here is the lack of such a 'Files' node for the Music library.
Is this planned for a future release? It would at least workaround my other issue:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306851
see post 10 in this thread. this kind of backdoor solution works: mount your audio file locations in the video files node. kodi itself won't show there anything as there are no video files. but if you browse there with another upnp client you will see your audio files.
the kodi devs are hesitating to promote the "files" node in the music tree because they'd better like to improve the library functions even more to make a "files" node dispensable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp folder view0