Best Keyboard/Mouse Options for HTPC?
I still think backlight is a good bonus if you need to type in the dark. For general navigation, you don't usually need it but I found it very useful for everything else.
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
was your rii mini using bluetooth??
mine not backlit, but thats not a deal breaker for me.. the rii looks great!!
The dinovo edge is amazing and battery life normally goes into the months before needing a recharge (i'm that lazy and neglect to put it back into its cradle). the thing works from about 60' away through a couple rooms when needed. It doesn't have backlit keys, but normally it isn't needed since its a standard size keyboard (the OP didn't say that it needed to be mini). The edge is by far the best wireless keyboard i've ever owned. I'm thinking of getting the logitech mediaboard that was mentioned - because even if its half as good as the edge, i'll be pleased. I also have the lenovo mini, and it would NEED to be backlit because your fingers differentiate the keys easily - and the scroll wheel does move too easily, even if you crank down the sensitivity in windows.

tldr; the dinovo edge is too spendy but worth it, id give the mediaboard pro a shot, I wouldn't get the lenovo mini keyboard.
eskro Wrote:was your rii mini using bluetooth??

They are the 2.4GHz models and they're advertised range in 30 feet. I now use a standard size £20 Microsoft wireless keyboard and it simply works without a glitch. Too bad it takes the space of about 7 standard remotes.
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
pre1014 Wrote:The dinovo edge is amazing and battery life normally goes into the months before needing a recharge (i'm that lazy and neglect to put it back into its cradle). the thing works from about 60' away through a couple rooms when needed. It doesn't have backlit keys, but normally it isn't needed since its a standard size keyboard (the OP didn't say that it needed to be mini). The edge is by far the best wireless keyboard i've ever owned. I'm thinking of getting the logitech mediaboard that was mentioned - because even if its half as good as the edge, i'll be pleased. I also have the lenovo mini, and it would NEED to be backlit because your fingers differentiate the keys easily - and the scroll wheel does move too easily, even if you crank down the sensitivity in windows.

tldr; the dinovo edge is too spendy but worth it, id give the mediaboard pro a shot, I wouldn't get the lenovo mini keyboard.

The MediaBoard Pro is a bit lightweight/plasticky for its price, but it works quite well. Never had an issue with it after several months of ownership.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Keyboard/Mouse Options for HTPC?0