Alarm clock
hey,

i have a script request.

i would like to be able to keep my xbox in on standby... it is so quiet and such, i keep it on all day and such when i am in my room, or brothers room... we keep our boxes on almost all day with games and multimedia.

anyhow... could someone write an alarmclock script, one that will play your music at a specified time in the script? like say, i have to get up for school at 5am, so at 5am it will play my music?

thanks
ok, i'll give a try for your request
maybe an answer tonight
thanks dude!

i know a lil bit of php, a lil bit of java... a very small amount of cgi, just enough to start up a script... i would be a top scripter only if i knew more cgi/python... i concentrate on c/c++ primarily (unfortunatly)
@bitblaster, then why not help develop xbmc itself?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes ! help the team and add huge stuff for python scripters Wink
i would love many improvements Smile

as for your script bitblaster, i made this one :
wake up !.py

it is pretty simple right now. no gui but a box asking you wheter or not you want to set the alarm on or not.
you can't stop it if you already asked to launch.
you have to edit the file to set your time and the audio file you wish to play

please read the beginnig of the code to know a bit more...
thanks.

@pike i only have visual studio.net version 2002, so i need to go through the files every time i want to compile... and i am probably not good enough for you guys anyway... i am good at looking at code and finding errors, not that good at designing from scratch as i am not that creative... allthough my programs do get the job done.

pike, what qualifications would i need to have to develop for xbmc? i have many ideas, to make the xbox be everyone's media center... such as a better stream control from the pc, where you use telnet and can setup options, such as wakeup, turnoff time, etc. (of course, a gui would be developed for pc and linux... probably mac too)... and ideas that involve xbmc seeing if it is the latest version on bootup... and a concept i have that is where you can have tons of features built into the operating system (i think of xbmc as an o/s because of its sub-program (scripts) support, and stuff.) / xbmc... basically... i would love to develop, but i dont know who to go about asking... my sourceforge account is bitblaster, if you were to add me, i would start right away (almost - i am on my desktop, i develop on my laptop so i can do it on the road, and at school, and everywhere... laptop is off and i am burning a dvd now...)

would i get an @xboxmediacenter.com email address / forwarder?

anyhow, to the rest of you:

thanks for the script.
aspiring devs for xbmc must first "proove themselfs".
a good idea would be to fix a bug or two and submit patches to sf, and after the quality of these patches has been verified you may become an "approved" xbmc developer.

lol? email/forward? yeah, thats a perk of official teammembership
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Question 
(bitblaster @ jan. 25 2005,00:32 Wrote:what qualifications would i need to have to develop for xbmc?
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3585
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#31
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#patches
sympa le mec, je lui développe un truc pendant ma soirée et j'ai en retour un 'thanks'

can you please tell me more about the script i made for you, can you be more expressive ? i'm waiting for your feedbacks if you want it to be better... i spent my eve for you ! lol
thanks solexalex.

i sincerely appologise for not thanking you properly in the first place. this script is very useful, and i am so happy a nice friend like you made it for me.

@pike - i do not feel like i should need to proove myself to the team... i have been having a hard time lately... i am no longer permitted to use school computers because i am "a known hacker" lol.

i will see what i can do, i would enjoy developing for xbmc.

@alex - if i become a dev, i will make sure your script gets integrated into xbmc, and everyone can use the solexalex... maybe like a solex lol... you know, like the brand rollex... but solex, anyway... thanks so much. if you need help from me on something, do not hesitate to ask.
hmmmmm interesting... Shocked
hmmm...this sounds like a very easy script i could whip up , ill give it a go tonight! do you want it so that it has preset times that you select or do you want it so that you can enter a time via the virtual keyboard both are pretty easy to do :thumbsup:
(bitblaster @ jan. 26 2005,00:57 Wrote:@pike - i do not feel like i should need to proove myself to the team...
well, everyone now have to before they can join, we had too people 'shoot their mouth off' then done nothing when we let them join on their 'bragging' alone :hmm:
hi !
you  can dl the v2 of wakeup !.py :

wakeup ! - v2 - 26/01/05

now, you can change the default alarm clock
you can make your mind after launching the script and decide wether or not you want to set the wake up time

as for now, you can't stop the alarm you setted before... you must reset xbmc if you want to disable an already existing alarm !

tell me what you think about it
thanks solexalex great script!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alarm clock0