[LIVE] - How to remove Live now I've switched to XBMC for Windows?
Hi all, I had enough fiddling around and know my limitations. I've installed XBMC on Windows 7 and its great. Now, how do I get rid of the Live install and get my partition back? Any ideas?

Cheers, Rich
gparted ftw! or just format whole disk
nemek Wrote:gparted ftw! or just format whole disk

Ummm... Never heard of gparted but will do some digging on it, thanks. Or do you mean I could just format that partion in Windows? Sorry for questions but not a linux person one little bit. Just want it to boot straight into windows now where I can put xbmc into the started. Currently live gets the priority at boot. Thanks
Skewen Wrote:Ummm... Never heard of gparted but will do some digging on it, thanks. Or do you mean I could just format that partion in Windows? Sorry for questions but not a linux person one little bit. Just want it to boot straight into windows now where I can put xbmc into the started. Currently live gets the priority at boot. Thanks

I think he's saying, format the whole drive and reinstall windows.
Absolutely no need to format the whole drive and reinstall.
Simply delete and/or reformat the partitions containing XBMC Live.

Depending on where grub is installed Windows will start or not - if not, just boot from the Windows-Setup-DVD and do
Code:
bootrec /fixmbr
and
Code:
bootrec /fixboot
from the recovery console. This will bring Windows boot sector back.

You can of course also do this to get rid of the grub menu in case Windows starts after deletion of the XBMC Live partitions.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
gparted is a partition editor - http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
u may burn live cd, boot with it and remove xbmc partition and then create new one using free space or move free space to some other already created partition (ie resize your old partition) - in worse case it will break MBR (then u will have to fix it - for example like Bobby Blixberg explained)
Thanks all. Bobby, will try your suggestion tonight. I'll have to try and look into getting win 7 to boot from a flash drive to get to that option I guess.
if this is caled highjacking then sorry

ive tired xbmc live on a new asrock vision 3d, cant get anywhere, kernal error nvida errors

ive been given some commands but the screen keeps going black, ive just tried to install win 7 but it can because the hard drives are ntfs, or need to be ntfs one or the other
anyway, there was an option to go to command prompt,
will
Code:
bootrec /fixmbrand

Code:
bootrec /fixboot

in command prompt put the hard drive how windows wants it or will it at least get rid of xbmc live which isnt working?
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Absolutely no need to format the whole drive and reinstall.
Simply delete and/or reformat the partitions containing XBMC Live.

Depending on where grub is installed Windows will start or not - if not, just boot from the Windows-Setup-DVD and do
Code:
bootrec /fixmbr
and
Code:
bootrec /fixboot
from the recovery console. This will bring Windows boot sector back.

You can of course also do this to get rid of the grub menu in case Windows starts after deletion of the XBMC Live partitions.

Bobby. Top man. Found a win 7 64 bit recovery ISO, turned a USB bootable (Method 6 here in case it helps anyone http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm) and did those commands via the command prompt. Thanks very much, rep added

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - How to remove Live now I've switched to XBMC for Windows?0