[AppleTV1]Where do I get AppleTV specific skins
When I go to the SVN Repository from XBMC, the only skins I see are XBox specific. I tried them on my Apple TV but frequently lock up. So I use Confluence which is the default, but I absolutely don't like it.

Where do I go get AppleTV specific skins? And if I need to do this manually, do I put install them in same way I do on my XBox, i.e. FTP to the "skins" folder?

Thanks much.
P.S. I'm most interested in Backrow and Trasnparency.
rashid420 Wrote:When I go to the SVN Repository from XBMC, the only skins I see are XBox specific. I tried them on my Apple TV but frequently lock up. So I use Confluence which is the default, but I absolutely don't like it.

Where do I go get AppleTV specific skins? And if I need to do this manually, do I put install them in same way I do on my XBox, i.e. FTP to the "skins" folder?

Thanks much.
P.S. I'm most interested in Backrow and Trasnparency.

Backrow and Transparency are both in the add-on repository under Skins and work fine with ATV. There's nothing platform specific you need to worry about.
brock_gonad Wrote:Backrow and Transparency are both in the add-on repository under Skins and work fine with ATV. There's nothing platform specific you need to worry about.

may be I'm doing something wrong. I don't see the skins in the xbmc-addons repository. i see transparancy in the xbox-xbmc-addons repository. and i don't see back-row anywhere.

for kicks i tried transparency from xbox-xbmc-addons repository. it locks up the apple tv frequently. sometimes it exits XBMC which is better, because when it locks up I have hard power cycle it.

one more thing. how do i tell which version of XBMC I'm running on the apple tv? maybe the version of XBMC does not match version of the skin? when installing from SVN, it does say "compatible", but it would be good to know what version I'm running.

when I go to launcher downloads I see "XBMC Dharma". I think I already have Dharma, but don't know for sure. I don't want to (re)download and risk breaking my apple tv setup.
rashid420 Wrote:may be I'm doing something wrong. I don't see the skins in the xbmc-addons repository. i see transparancy in the xbox-xbmc-addons repository. and i don't see back-row anywhere.

for kicks i tried transparency from xbox-xbmc-addons repository. it locks up the apple tv frequently. sometimes it exits XBMC which is better, because when it locks up I have hard power cycle it.

one more thing. how do i tell which version of XBMC I'm running on the apple tv? maybe the version of XBMC does not match version of the skin? when installing from SVN, it does say "compatible", but it would be good to know what version I'm running.

when I go to launcher downloads I see "XBMC Dharma". I think I already have Dharma, but don't know for sure. I don't want to (re)download and risk breaking my apple tv setup.

I hadn't checked in a while, so I just took a peek now - I see Back Row and Transparency! under "Skin" in the XBMC addon repository Huh

The new skins do require Dharma, but it sounds like you're already there. Personally, I'm still on a pre-release Dharma nightly build, and Transparency is my main skin, and works fine....

Not sure what you're doing wrong.
brock_gonad Wrote:I hadn't checked in a while, so I just took a peek now - I see Back Row and Transparency! under "Skin" in the XBMC addon repository Huh

The new skins do require Dharma, but it sounds like you're already there. Personally, I'm still on a pre-release Dharma nightly build, and Transparency is my main skin, and works fine....

Not sure what you're doing wrong.

SVN Repository did not show ANYTHING after upgrading to Dharma. It still doesn't. Until I realized XBMC interface had changed and I figured out how to update and download skins.

Using Backrow. Tried Transparency. Both seem sluggish to respond though. Maybe that's why Confluence is the default skin. Then again I'm wondering if Dharma is "new" and some kinks remain to be ironed out.

A lot of plugins dissappeared. CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. I hope they come back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1]Where do I get AppleTV specific skins0