[gentoo based] lock up freeze
ok when i first installed sabayon on my computer i was useing xbmc it worked great. than i stopped useing it and just recently ive been trying to get it to run properply. i think what happened was during the lastest updates to the system i did something broke. im useing a intel pentium 4 processor with 512 to a gig of memory its a hp pravilion a819n nothing fancy.

what happens weather i try to load through gdm login or through applications menu on gnome ill se the xbmc logo and the mouse cursor unable to move the cursor at any time. it will load once in awhile ill see the side panel menu most of the time i dont. and thats it it automatically freezes every time. i have no idea whats going on.

heres the most recent crash log
http://www.sabayon.org/pastie/5590

i updagrade my kernel to the last kernel version which is 2.6.37 after it was all finished i rebooted than went into xbmc via the gdm login window this time it froze and locked up b4 i got to see the xbmc logo. i restarted and login to gnome and everything seems to be working fine so i dont think i mesed up the kernel upgrade. so i have no idea why xbmc is not workin.

ok new update. after my first attempt failed on the new kernel i thought possibly that i needed to reinstall xbmc becuase its a new kernel so thats what i did useing equo in the terminal. i than loaded xbmc via the terminal and this it loaded all the way i was able to move the mouse but a few seconds after everything loaded the screen blinked and than turned black and fuzy and everything froze and locked up again

so i tried soemthing differnt to get the terminal results of whats going on i just printed the xbmc command to a file useing the ">" command. it loaded all the way but the screen was slightly off but it still frozed just didnt turn the screen blank at all.

here wat was written in the file
Code:
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/bloodyscript/.smb/smb.conf":
   No such file or directory
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/bloodyscript/.smb/smb.conf.append":
   No such file or directory

when i entered the xbmc cmd as root it loaded up all the way i was able to move the mouse but it was lagging and then locked up in a second or twothe screen was a perfect fit unlike the previous attempts tho.
update. could possibly have something to do with the graphics card and driver. i have a intel graphics media accelerator 900 with 128 shared video memory. im not sure which driver im useing how would i find out i check through the control center and system settings tab but couldnt find out which driver its set to. i dont think it was set to opengl when i did tne cmd eselect opengl set xorg-x11 it took about 20 seconds and it said it was switched.
Do you have a dvd drive attached? It's crashing in the drive detection code, I remember some issue with libcdio and not having any optical drives.
yes i have two dvd drives and they are working so would that still mean they would crash xbmc
Which revision are you using?
xbmc version 10.0-r1
update. nothing has changed xbmc still refueses to work properly. im beging to feel like it could possibly be a hardware probelm possibly my cpu is being over heated or my onboard video card is being over worked when xbmc is running forcing the computer to lock up and freeze. who knoes i have no idea just would liek to get some answers
If you suspect a hardware problem, I would start by running memtest.
ok new update.ok mayb this will help

becuase u mentioned it could be dvdplayer related i unpluged all dvd drives on this computer. this is what happened
http://www.sabayon.org/pastie/5658

heres the crash report
http://www.sabayon.org/pastie/5657

and to you response
ladyrokabye bloodyscript # memtest
bash: memtest: command not found
Well, what I meant was http://www.memtest.org/
ok so i did a memtest useing there cd and it said it passed with no errors useing standard test. i cleaned all dust out of my computer as well made sure all the drives were connected. than tried to load xbmc again and this time it loaded being able to move the mouse but then the screen went blank again and froze
update.. same issues are still effecting xbmc nothing has really changed
Well one thing I'm noticing is:
Code:
NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
We do ship that file on Dharma as far as I know.
Also in all your crashlogs the last line in the log is:
Code:
NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer

Also, debug logging is off in your logs, could you start "xbmc --debug" and post another crashlog.
i gave up on xbmc its not working so i delted all files associated with xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[gentoo based] lock up freeze0