Need help with streaming issue
I am streaming movies via SMB from my iMac to my Acer Revo running Windows 7. I've noticed that fast moving scenes jerk a little bit. This occurs no matter what settings I change on my TV and it doesn't seem to depend on the quality of the file. (SD jerks too). I am using a Wireless N router and my signal is strong. When I copy the files to my Revo and play them directly there's no issue.

Is there a way to improve the wireless performance?
silvine Wrote:I am streaming movies via SMB from my iMac to my Acer Revo running Windows 7. I've noticed that fast moving scenes jerk a little bit. This occurs no matter what settings I change on my TV and it doesn't seem to depend on the quality of the file. (SD jerks too). I am using a Wireless N router and my signal is strong. When I copy the files to my Revo and play them directly there's no issue.

Is there a way to improve the wireless performance?

I think it pretty much depends on the size of the files... if you ask me, wireless just plain sucks... its too slow... you can only get high speeds when the router is 4 inches away from the computer. I just wired my entire house with cat5e and my problems were sovled.... Gbit ethernet... i can play a 40GB file over my network no problem.... I could probably play bigger ones .. but thats the largest mkv file i got.
Would home plugs make a difference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with streaming issue0