64 bit, 1 channel, mpeg audio
I've got a couple of files with audio that won't play. It's really the first time I've thrown anything at XBMC and had it not play. Other than the bit rate and the single channel I can't see anything weird about the audio. Before I spend time transcoding the audio does anyone have any ideas about how I can get it to play? (the video is DIV3 but I don't think that is part of the problem because I do get a picture.).

The full audio info from MediaInfo is

ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Duration : 41mn 40s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 19.0 MiB (10%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
Title : HuhHuhHuhHuh??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
even though no one has replied I'm going to at a bit more info.

I've tried demuxing the file, converting the audio and remuxing it and three different attempts have failed (MP3 @128bits/stereo, MP3 @128/joint stereo, AAC). The only consistent note I can find is that the converted audio file always shows as "1 channel".

Is this a possible bug in XBMC? The files (including the original) all play on my PC under both VLC & Mediaplayerclassic.

Any thoughts?
I have the same problems. XBMC plays videos from my digital camera without sound while vlc, xine, mplayer have no problems playing them. All the videos have 1 channel (mono). Same thing happens to youtube videos with mono sound. I think it's a bug.
In System Settings -> Audio, try setting your speakers to 2.0. If you are using hdmi audio, this maybe the solution. It fixed a similar problem I was having playing video with 1 channel audio. If you have hdmi pass-thru enabled with AC3 and DTS enabled, you will still get 5.1 audio for videos that have that. Let me know if this works for you.
I have the same issue (using openelec) - no mono files play. They start, the video is present but clearly all over the shop with syncing, effectively looks like 1 fps, and the audio never plays.

This is with a variety of files/types - anything with mono seems to trigger this. Using Openelec RC1 but had the same issue with Dharma Live and Freak as well.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
patpend Wrote:In System Settings -> Audio, try setting your speakers to 2.0. If you are using hdmi audio, this maybe the solution. It fixed a similar problem I was having playing video with 1 channel audio. If you have hdmi pass-thru enabled with AC3 and DTS enabled, you will still get 5.1 audio for videos that have that. Let me know if this works for you.

This worked. I guess I don't understand what this setting is suppose to be doing. I definitely have a 5.1 speaker set up. But I'm glad this works.

Thanks.
Beats the heck out of me why it works, but it does. The mono plays AND you still get full 5.1 sound for files that have it.

The other alternative was to transcode the files that have mono sound. I have successfully done this using mediacoder. However, this does not solve problems with mono streams like TwIT.
Hi,

bossanova808 Wrote:I have the same issue (using openelec) - no mono files play. They start, the video is present but clearly all over the shop with syncing, effectively looks like 1 fps, and the audio never plays.

This is with a variety of files/types - anything with mono seems to trigger this. Using Openelec RC1 but had the same issue with Dharma Live and Freak as well.

can you test with this image again (if you can use ION/64bit):
http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/Ope...73.tar.bz2

it includes sound related fixes to xbmc, i have seen one commit for solving a "mono audio issue"... dont know if it helps...
greetings, Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64 bit, 1 channel, mpeg audio0