• 2(current)
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC
well... i have a question

i have seen several divx hd trailer using the xbmc, this trailers are in 720p (which my hdtv cant handle) my hdtv only handles 480p and 1080i so i supposed that xbmc is upgrading the divx hd trailer to 1080i (gui resolution).

ive downloaded several movies in 720p format in *.avi, however none of this movies play in my xbox. (i downloaded this movied from emule, torrent, etc.)

do you have idea??

the last experiment that im doing is to encodes wmvhd 1080i into divx hd 720p to see if i can see the movies.
(ivanvt @ feb. 05 2005,06:10 Wrote:ive downloaded several movies in 720p format in *.avi, however none of this movies play in my xbox. (i downloaded this movied from emule, torrent, etc.)

do you have idea??

the last experiment that im doing is to encodes wmvhd 1080i into divx hd 720p to see if i can see the movies.
you can forget about wmv hdtv clips/movies on xbox, not even microsoft thinks its possible
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

a pc with an amd xp 2500+ doesnt even decode those well...
reencoding hd streams to divx or xvid 720p is the future for xbox Cool
sorry dumb question, but this hasn't been released yet has it? i went looking for dates or packages to pick up but haven't found much on when or where to pick up the codecs. are they included in the most recent divx pagackages at divx.com?
what codecs? v6 ? no thats not out. if you're referring to divx hd, theres nothing "new" in that spec, its totally compatable with divx5, its just a higher resolution.

and upscaling to 1080i on my tv looks great except the odd breakup. have been thinking about using the pc as doing the hard work and getting the xbox to then display the output.. could be very cool if possible. i believe the dreambox (linux based satellite receiver) does this...

dreambox + pc + xbmc = hdheaven!
hd rv10 sample trailers (including some anamorphic encodes):
http://dark.pluridis.org/trailers/

only tried the king arthur one. video's fine, but no audio, so i might be missing a .dll unless it's because of the container or something. i'll figure it out though Smile
(frightfoo @ feb. 16 2005,22:58 Wrote:hd rv10 sample trailers (including some anamorphic encodes):
http://dark.pluridis.org/trailers/

only tried the king arthur one. video's fine, but no audio, so i might be missing a .dll unless it's because of the container or something. i'll figure it out though Smile
hehe, talk about being offtopic!!

last time i checked, divx was not = realvideo
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hehe, i thought i'd add hd realvideo so if anyone wanted to try it and compare. totally forgot that the topic was specifically referencing hd divx.

i concur that hd divx is quite good on the xbox via xbmc (prefer rv10 playing on xbox though Smile). i'm sure i've seen some hd divx encodes at doom9, but their forum is down atm Sad
no big deal , at least you posted about hd and not a completely different topic...
i was wondering how many xbmc users have been experimenting with the divx hd playback. the hd trailers on the divx site all seem to work really well (except for some dropped frames here and there) so i decided to do some experimenting with reencoding a .ts 1080i stream to this format.

my first attempt was downscaling the matrix to 720p using dr. divx at around 4500kbps and keeping the original ac3 to see how it went, and the results weren't so good. the encode looked great, but in playback there were just too many dropped frames to make it watchable, especially on the faster action scenes. these dropped frames seem to put the audio out of sync as well.

i'm now retrying the encode at a similar bitrate, but have dropped the resolution to 1024x576 to see how that plays. it won't look quite as sharp but i figure if it runs without dropped frames then it should still look quite nice.

i'd like to hear from you guys to see if any of you have tried anything similar. i recently bought a hd set and am after whatever i can get my grubby hands on to watch on it!
hopefully by this time next year there will be plenty of hd movies on the market for us to experiment with.

i'm psyched. :kickass:
i'm playing divx3.11-reencoded hd content at 1280x720p without any framedrops in perfect quality.
after quite a bit of testing it showed that i coudn't get smooth results with xvid. but using divx3.11 with nandub i discovered that single-pass encoding does the trick, cause it doesn't spend extra bits on already complex scenes.
do a few encodings and you'll see wich nandub settings work best for you and don't forget to tune xbmc for max speed.
for ac3 sound 6500kbps is fine, but using mp3-audio you can go up to a maximum of 7200kbps before the frames start to drop Smile

regards
ac3+passthru uses more juice than mp3 decoding ?

thats illogical, but then again, stuff doesnt always make sense (especially not mplayer)

... i just like to add that it's important to equalize the 'low-pass' filter setting in nandub with your choosen bitrate, to enforce a strict maximum bitrate. this seems to be another key-feature.
some points to note based on my experiments with a recent build of xbmc

1 global motion compensation works fine :kickass:
2 psychovisual enhancement works fine :bowdown:
3 bi directional multiple adaptive frames works fine :pirate:

as quarter pixel is disabled in the slow encode mode i have not tried quarter pixel. use slow encode mode instead, its better.

fusion is however all messed up - divx v6 beta. menus dont work and the sd playback of the divx fusion dirt bike demo resulted in major artificating and ended up crashing the system.

does anyone know if you can add deblocking and deringing to the codec for enhanced playback?? i dont see any parameters for that.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX® HD (High Definition) on XBMC0