Dharma Windows7 and Logitech DiNovo Mini. -Tweaks
Hi there.
Just got my Zbox (id40) Zotac HTPC with Win7_64 along with Xbmc 10.0.
Works just great, but .... Logitech DiNovo Mini (SetPoint 6.2) gives me sh***.

- how to alter the xbmc to use those play,stop, etc buttons.
- How to change the "MS MediaCenter" button to actuallu launch xbmc?

With Xbmc Xbox userData had keymap.xml where you could do almost anything conserning keymapping...are there same mechanic in win version?

thank you all.
The keymapping in Dharma works in basically the same way as it did in the XBox builds, except that keymap.xml has been renamed to keyboard.xml. On Windows you should create keyboard.xml in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps.

If you turn on debug logging and press, for example, the Play button a few times, the xbmc.log will show you what XBMC is receiving. I would guess it's sending multimedia keypresses, and XBMC will see these as APPCOMMAND messages.

Note that there's a long thread about the DiNovo Mini at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35864.

JR
Thank you very much. I'll debug and perhaps produce a proper keyboard file to be shared here... Smile
is there a default keyboard.xml file somewhere to study 1st?

I already have some idea how to make DiNovo's "media center" button to start/kill xbmc.. Smile
The default keyboard.xml is in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps (assuming you've used the default install location). You could edit this file, but you shouldn't as the next time you upgrade it would override your changes. If you create a new keyboard.xml in %appdata\xbmc\userdata\keymaps then any mappings in the new file add to or override mappings in the system keyboard.xml.

JR
try to use software from this page:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html
Thank you all for the answers..
DiNovo is actually quite good,when you learn the right keys, those special keys are dummer.. The point was to override "media Center" key in keyboard, where SetPoint soft does not let you alter..
http://uberoptions.net/ is next study..
realjobe Wrote:Thank you very much. I'll debug and perhaps produce a proper keyboard file to be shared here... Smile
is there a default keyboard.xml file somewhere to study 1st?

I already have some idea how to make DiNovo's "media center" button to start/kill xbmc.. Smile

I would really appreciate it if you would share your keyboard.xml file once its complete.
tboooe Wrote:I would really appreciate it if you would share your keyboard.xml file once its complete.

Ofcource, that's most obivious result of this. The point is that default keymappings are quite ok now..
z = displaymode, o = tech specs, i = info, x = stop, f = ff, r = rew, p = play/pause l = subs etc...

the problem the those special keys, like media center key and that is off this scope. IF I manage to tweak the .xml for special keys, I'll post it here, naturally. Smile
You can remap the diNovo Buttons using this guide
castortray Wrote:try to use software from this page:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html

yesterday I receive my own dinovo mini Big Grin and I'm using software from that page and each button works without any configuration
GREAT! This works! Win7_x64 with SetPoint 6.2 x64:

1. make BackUp of C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml
2. alter <Button Number="12320781" Name="Media"> section as:

Code:
<Button Number="12320781" Name="Media">
               <Param IconLoc="Devices\Keyboard\CommonIcons\mediacenter" Type="HOTKEY"/>
               <Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
                  <Param Button="12320781" FirstRepeatDelay="0" RepeatDelay="0" Silent="0" Type="0"/>
                  <TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="LaunchProgram">
                     <Handler Class="FileLauncher">
                        <Param BrowseType="1" FileName="C:/XBMC/XBMC.exe -p" LookupPath="0" Name="Meedio" Parameters="" ShowUIDlg="1" Title="XBMC"/>                        
                     </Handler>
                  </TriggerState>
               </Trigger>
            </Button>
3. Reboot.
awesome.. Now Dinovo Mini's Rightbottom Media CenterKey kicks Xbmc portable into action.
Thanks realjobe!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma Windows7 and Logitech DiNovo Mini. -Tweaks0