[LIVE] Can't add a window in Confluence
I apologize in advance if I've missed something obvious. This is new to me
and I haven't been able to find a thread mentioning this.

Live 10.0 debug on
After numerous attempts at adding a window, I finally fell back to renaming Settings.xml to Settingsa.xml

When I click on System on the home screen I'm presented with a black screen and the debug info identifies the window as Settings.xml
xbmc.log says 'unable to load:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Settings.xml'

When I change Home.xml
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
to
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settingsa)</onclick>

and click on System on the home screen I see no change in the gui and xbmc.log says 'Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: Settingsa'

It kind of looks like xbmc has a list of windows somewhere, but I can't seem to find it if that's the case.

What have I missed? :confused2:
wouldn't hurt to read the skinning manual ;-)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ski...ra_Windows
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you for the reply. I had found the manual and tutorials, but everything I tried out of there in my earlier attempts seemed to fail. I had tried id's of 4567 and 9999 and ActivateWindow() using both the id and the module name.

Regardless of what I tried I would get no response in the gui and an error in the log file of 'Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: ModuleName' (The error was different when I called by id, but I don't remember exactly what it was).

I also tried copying MusicOverlay.xml to ModuleName.xml, changed the id to 9999, and tried ActivateWindow(ModuleName) with it. This also gave me the same error in the log file.

Are those valid id's to use? They aren't in the id list but I'm not sure what ranges are acceptable.
hope you didn't miss this part:
wiki Wrote:name the file customN.xml, where N is a number

and
wiki Wrote:XBMC.ActivateWindow(id)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I think I have that part. Here is what I have:

custom9999.xml

<window id="9999">
<defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
</controls>
</window>

In Home.xml at id="5"

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(custom9999)</onclick>

the result from xbmc.log
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window custom 9999
ERROR; Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: custom9999

I appreciate your responses. Any light you can shed on this is definately appreciated
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(9999)</onclick>
It looks like the id I picked (9999) is out of range. (of course Rolleyes)

I tried 9998 and it worked as well as 899.

I also had gotten the idea that I could ActivateWindow(filename), but after looking at TranslateWindow() in ButtonTranslator.cpp it would appear that calling by filename is blocked.

Thank you for your responses.
undertherainbow Wrote:It looks like the id I picked (9999) is out of range. (of course Rolleyes)

I tried 9998 and it worked as well as 899.

I also had gotten the idea that I could ActivateWindow(filename), but after looking at TranslateWindow() in ButtonTranslator.cpp it would appear that calling by filename is blocked.

Thank you for your responses.

That info should really be added to the wiki page .. You found that 9998 is the highest possible number. Can you check what the lowest possible is?

Looking at the Window IDs page I gather that many delta IDs between 0-2999 are taken, so no point in using the ones that are available inbetween the used ones. Also, the IDs 2903, 2904 and 3000-3099 seem to be used by MusicOverlay, VideoOverlay and python windows.

This tells me that it would be best to use IDs 3100-9998 for custom windows?
Can anyone verify this (or add it themselves?)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Can't add a window in Confluence0