[LINUX] Mobo/Ati and nVidia GT430
I just built a new HTPC:
AMD II X2 3.0GHz Regor 250
JetWay JMA3-880GP-LF AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813153191
EVGA GT430.

I read multiple times in the forums not to buy ATI if you are using Linux and that the GT430 are the best cards to get.

So I listened to that advise and bought the above setup, going with AMD because I've always used AMD and never had any problems. Well I didn't realize that the stupid motherboard has an ATI Radeon HD 4250 Onboard Video Chipset.

My question is...am i going to run into problems with the onboard video even though im going to have the GT430 plugged in there?

I just realised that nearly every single (98%) AM3 motherboard has a ATI video chipset
No.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
thanks, another quick question although i believe i already know the answer to this one. Will i run into problems if i ever decide to take out the GT430 and plus the HDMI cable directly into the HDMI on the Motherboard?
OH btw Darkscout...i just realised...it's your signature that made it sink in for me:

"If you plan on building an Linux HTPC. DO NOT BUY ATI. Just don't. We're tired of seeing threads with your "awesome build" that stutters on 1080p. READ before you buy."

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Mobo/Ati and nVidia GT4300