Tivox not working anymore!?
Sad 
i used to run tivox script in a september 04 release of xbmc for a long time without issue. in november i decided to upgrade xbmc, but tivox stopped working.
i could talk to the tivo, and get the now showing list. when i tried ot play a file, it would pause for a moment, and then return to the "now showing" screen.
now on the 1-18-05 cvs, it wont even talk to the tivo. it just hangs.

anyone have any ideas? is the script in need of an update to work with newer versions of xbmc?

i am running the correct ccxstream and other utils on the tivo (nothing has changed). and if i revert back the xbmc to 9-04-04 it works fine.

help please!!!!
same problem here!
in addition.. i'm running xbmc at 1080i through a projector.. and i get a tiny 4x3 window in the top left of my screen.. d'oh

i've had success connecting to the tivo via xbms.. after adding a bookmark to my xml file. i.e. "xbms:\\192.168.0.xx:1400\"

but i do miss the tivox interface

edit:
looks like there's a patch in cvs as of 2005-02-08 14:01
here:  [ 1118928 ] tivox,tivo,ccxstream fix

:fixed:  ??
i have downloaded the fix from the site, but this latest version of xbmc i use does not have mplayer.ccc anymoreHuh

so how do i fix this problem pleaseHuh
check this thread out, there are updated ccxstream and tivox files.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...post219033
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
or see this post:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=14227
i have one question regarding this script. do you have to have modded your tivo in order to use this python script? what i would like to do is this:

use tivo 2 go and grab the files to my server, then use xbmc to stream these files from my windows server. everything i see in readmes, etc seem to assume that you have modded your tivo. will it do what i want it to do without a modded tivo?

thanks
yes, you need a modded tivo because you need to run a special version of ccxstream on the tivo, itself.

if you're using tivo2go to download items off your tivo, then just share that location, and you dont even need the tivox script. but, i cannot confirm if the files will play. if they have some sort of encryption on them, they may not play.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks kraqh3d. that answers my question. tivo does encrypt their video files, so that you need to enter a playback password when you try to play the file.

i'll have to transfer the files and try to view them through xbmc to see.

thanks again.
for those (if any) interested. watching files with xbmc transferred via tivo2go to another machine does not work. black screen and then back to file list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tivox not working anymore!?0