[LIVE] Harmony One Configuration
Alright! That is what I have been doing. Simply rebooting and starting from a fresh boot to try and pin down timings and configurations of the remote.
As I said, the pain is getting going. Then the settings are carried with you forever. I recently changed Harmonies and my delays went from one remote to the next...

I still cannot figure out what the problem is...

honestly, everything is working besides the directional buttons. IRW shows one keypress, which is much better than before when it was actually showing the repeated key presses Shocked

[that was solved thanks to delayed timings and the Plex link you provided to eliminate sending the command multiple times]
I just got home and I want to confirm something. Is the device in your Harmony setup EXACTLY "Microsoft Windows Media Center?" because one time I found a different MS remote config in the Harmony database that didn't work as well.

Correct. Microsoft Windows Media Center. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ok. I have to go to class but afterwards I will dig in my config for all settings.

My interkey delay is 150.

I will have to play with this in the evening when I am off work.
Me too Smile. Thanks for that very helpful information!!
Mine worked right out of the box, I didn't have to mess with any buttons or any settings or timmings but im not using the same IR receiver as you are.

I do however use a harmony one as well so im really not sure why you are having so many issues. Ill take a look at how mine is set up tonight and try to post back so that i can possibly help you out.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Awesome! Thanks for the help. Everything is working now, for the most part. I am just having the double-press when using the navigation arrows.

Also having issues after waking from sleep, but we will cross that bridge once we figure out my other problems.

(I should also mention that I am running XBMCFreak Maverick v3 - kernel 2.6.37-12.26 - which should have the latest LIRC with kernel modules. I do not think this should negatively impact my configuration)

*UPDATE* double key press is for all buttons... NOT only direction arrows as I thought!
What is your delay? Did you try 150?

poofyhairguy Wrote:My interkey delay is 150.

My interkey delay is 200 and I have it set to 0 key repeats.

Still having problems with the navigation buttons (L,R,U,D). IRW only shows one key press. I do not think the other buttons are having repeat issues but they are not as easy to tell (I am not sure how you would notice a repeat "OK" for example).

At any rate, I need to fix this before I get involved in my remote.xml
I got this from the XBMCFreak Site...

SaM Wrote:Concerning the double key press :
- using “echo none +lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols” didn’t work
- using the lirc_mceusb module by blacklisting mceusb removed the double key press problem but I had the inverse problem, where I had to press multiple time a button for it to work and it was generally slow to respond
- I finally made it work with the mceusb module (from the kernel) by using the method demod posted in the first comments. And the remote is much more responsive than ever before. I just had to tweak a little by writing a udev rule to create a “permanent” device i could use with lirc, as it wasn’t always the same /dev/input/eventX after a reboot, I also had to use my own Lircmap.xml and remote.xml for xbmc (I use a logitech harmony one + mce compatible IR605A/Q dongle recognised as “Formosa21 eHome Infrared Transceiver”Wink

In this case the remote and the IR receiver are not at fault, it’s the system, because the double key press is due to the fact that two modules are loaded for the same device, one included in the kernel since 2.6.36 (mceusb) and one from lirc (lirc_mceusb). We can see the problem easily with irw, for some key press on the remote two events are detected (we can logically assume one from each module, also see the end of the post), hence the double key press effect in xbmc.

So, to eliminate the double key press, you must configure the system to load and use only one module which is done by blacklisting one and configuring the other properly.
First, I tried the “echo none +lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols” tip given somewhere in the comments, but it didn’t work for me, I still had exactly the same problem.
Then I tried to blacklist mceusb and use lirc_mceusb, it removed the double key press problem but introduced another one (almost the opposite problem) : I had to press a button multiple times for one press to be detected, and it felt kinda slow to respond.

Then I tried the last solution, blacklisting lirc_mceusb and using mceusb. But from what I could read on the net, it seems that instead of simply being recognized as a remote it emulates a keyboard and it isn’t very easy to configure with xbmc because how can you know to which key from a keyboard corresponds each button from the remote (key press as a keyboard did not generate events in irw). That’s why all the subsequent configuration was necessary to be able to use the mceusb module and have a behavior consistent with a remote which can be used properly with lirc. It supressed the double key press for me and I have no more problems, it’s very responsive and every key press is properly detected only once in irw and by xbmc.

For the resume from sleep I read a lot about this problem also but since I don’t use sleep I can’t help on this point.

From what I can guess from your symptoms :
- lirc_mceusb is loaded and functioning properly, each key press generates an event
- mceusb is also loaded and functioning as an emulated keyboard, the direction button from the remote are apparently and logically mapped as direction buttons from a keyboard so when you press this buttons you have an event from lirc_mceusb recognized by xbmc as well as a key press on a keyboard. But since the other buttons from the remote are probably mapped to others buttons of a keyboard not corresponding to the keymaps used by xbmc they don’t create this double key press effect in xbmc, only the lirc_mceusb key press being recognized.

When I tested my solution, before reconfiguring lirc, the only buttons from my remote that could do something in xbmc were the direction buttons, which seems to confirm this intuition that others buttons are not mapped to keyboard buttons recognized by xbmc in its default configuration.

So in your case I think you definitely must try one of the solutions to stop the system from using both modules.
I hope i’ve been clear enough (sorry for any error, I’m not a native eglish speaker)

I am wondering if this could solve my problem. I am not really interested in reconfiguring everything this way, so hopefully I can eliminate the module that is causing the direction buttons to be double key presses (mceusb) if it is indeed running.
Some sample output from IRW:

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ irw
000000037ff07be1 00 Up mceusb
000000037ff07bde 00 Right mceusb
000000037ff07bdf 00 Left mceusb
000000037ff07bdf 01 Left mceusb
000000037ff07be0 00 Down mceusb
000000037ff07bde 01 Right mceusb

This basically invalidates the point that SaM was attempting to make, as it seems all of the input is coming from mceusb. I am not entirely sure why I am getting double.

Most of the time I am not getting repeated keys in IRW when I press the button once...

Code:
000000037ff07bf4 00 Enter mceusb

The above series of keypresses only recorded one for each key press.

I did notice that a couple times the UI responded to input (maybe twice) but did not record an event in IRW. This now makes me think the other module lirc_mceusb may also be present and recording input.

What gives?! This is very confusing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Harmony One Configuration1