Launching Snes9x with Rom Collection Browser on Ubuntu Linux
Thumbs Up 
Hi.

I'm trying to get Snes9x (snes9x-gtk) to launch from RCB on my Ubuntu 10.10 x64 machine.

It shows the roms but when i try to launch it it seems to dissapear into the background. I've tried the Solo function but still it seemed to dissapear.

I've made a fullscreen config file in the emulator so i dont have to put in all the parameters myself, and use the parameter(s)
Code:
-config /path/to/config/snes9x.xml %ROM%

Grateful for any help Rolleyes
I've got snes9x launching fine from RCB on my Ubuntu 10.10 x64 machine. All I did to enable full screen launching was check the box "use fullscreen on on rom open" in the snes9x preferences menu. So I would try not using your custom fullscreen config file and see if that helps. Good Luck.
I think you also may need "" around %ROM% to handle pathes with whitespaces. Like this in your example:

Code:
-config /path/to/config/snes9x.xml "%ROM%"
Big Grin 
Quotation marks did the trick!

Makes sense since most of my roms have whitespace in their names Smile

I edited the config file to start in fullscreen on launch and quit Snes9x on ESC. Also turned off Solo mode and Escaping in RCB.

thanks guys! Laugh
Thumbs Up 
I've hit another snag.

I've set up a xbmc user to run xbmc as session on my Ubuntu.

The thing is when i launch Rom Collection Browser, xbmc screen resizes to about 25% of the screen, wich is fine but i seems to resize snes9x along with it so that it doesn't become fullscreen anymore.

If i don't run xbmc as session, but log in with the xbmc user and start xbmc from desktop, the xbmc window still resizes when running snes9x but snes9x starts in fullscreen like it should.

Any thoughts on how i can fix that?

Answer : I press Alf+F in the snes9x window and choose to show statusbar, then i'm able to resize it properly even if it doesn't have a border, then i choose Fullscreen again Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching Snes9x with Rom Collection Browser on Ubuntu Linux1