XBMC new site?
Hi.

I'm fairly new to xbmc and been lurking here for some time reading and learning. So far only used live version but looks great.

During my search for the perfect xbmc system, I found another site about xbmc.

I know xbmcmediacenter.com is a new domain because I didn't found it before. Today, on a search, google spit it out.

Is this a new xbmc project?
No. That's an unofficial fansite. I'll contact the site owner to be sure that he marks it as such.

TheUni
OK.

I should have everything needed to build my dual purpose NAS/media center next Tuesday. I'm still reading tons of info to smooth the assembly process as much as I can.

That site mentions there's a new dharma bug fix release in the making.

http://xbmcmediacenter.com/xbmc-dharma-bugfix-release/

When is it ready? Should I install original dharma and update later or wait in case the new dharma is a couple of days away?

Thanks
Humm, so you're the one who caught it...

I'm the author of that site. It has nothing to do with XBMC Team and should be regarded only as a fansite.
I have a lot plans for it, but right now it's nowhere near ready. Because Google is a nosy bastard, the site started to appear in searches against my better judgment.

Anyway, @theuni already contacted me.

As for the rest, you shouldn't wait for a Dharma update. Install 10.0. Updating from there should be straightforward and you can take the time to get acquainted with XBMC. Install a few skins. The Aeon MQ2 2.7.0 skin is going to be released today. Impress your lady. Big Grin

h.udo
Hudo, I believe robots.txt will be your friend there.
Thanks. I had a 503 server unavailable in place, but it was messing with some of the site elements.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC new site?0