NO sound via HDMI
I have the foxconn nt-330i and when I setup originally with XBMC I had sound and everything worked well. Hadn't turned it on in a while and when i did there no sound coming through HDMI

Under playback devices I have
1. Digital AUdio (s/pdif)
2. Nvidia HDMI out - which I think it should be using if I am not mistaken

I have tried uninstalling the ion driver as well as the nvidia audio driver and updating it with the most recent one but had no luck. Anyone having the same issue?
Does this really have anything to do with skins..? Or XBMC at all?

Some things to check:
* Is the cable connected properly? I assume you're also using the HDMI cable for video, and get that?
* Do you get sounds from other sources (browser, windows itself etc.)?
* Have you chosen HDMI as your Audio output in XBMC system settings?
* Have you chosen that your reciever is DTS or AC3 compatible, and it isn't? I noticed this didn't play DTS audio for me, because my dvd/amp combo didn't play DTS through S/PDIF, only when using it as a DVD player. Friggin annoying btw, and took a while to figure out.
* Are you using windows? If so, is the sound card detected properly in the hardware manager?

Also, there are a few (one atleast) results on google, but those seem to apply to Linux, and I assume this is windows?
Probably has nothing to do with XBMC. It worked at for a while and then just stopped. The cable is secure and my receiver can handle all formats. All drivers are properly installed, I tried generic ones as well but still cannot get any sound out of windows. This is windows 7 x64.
pstoric Wrote:Probably has nothing to do with XBMC. It worked at for a while and then just stopped. The cable is secure and my receiver can handle all formats. All drivers are properly installed, I tried generic ones as well but still cannot get any sound out of windows. This is windows 7 x64.

Have you checked that the sound isn't muted in windows? You never know. Smile
Also, make sure that your HDMI sound device is set as default (right click the icon in the sound properties in the control panel or something like that, barely used windows 7 and sitting at a linux box atm), I think that has been reported as a solution. Try googling it if you can't find how. Smile

Now I'm out of ideas. Probably better to ask in a windows forum. Smile
Try to change the audio settings in the BIOS. That works for me on my ION Board. But I´m running a XBMCLive version under linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NO sound via HDMI0