XBMC auto start
Hi all

A while ago I installed XBMC on my AppleTV gen1. It worked pretty well, but it really bugged me that when the AppleTV started up, you then had to tell it to boot into XBMC.

I ended up getting rid of the AppleTV as it was pretty useless, and XBMC wasnt that great on it either... (had to keep reseting to factory)

Is there a way to make XBMC startup automatically now??

Cheers
Murray
Don't turn it off.
muzzascott Wrote:Hi all

A while ago I installed XBMC on my AppleTV gen1. It worked pretty well, but it really bugged me that when the AppleTV started up, you then had to tell it to boot into XBMC.

I ended up getting rid of the AppleTV as it was pretty useless, and XBMC wasnt that great on it either... (had to keep reseting to factory)

Is there a way to make XBMC startup automatically now??

Cheers
Murray

On what? You got rid of the ATV right? You running windows now or what?

Windows, you just put a shortcut in your startup folder.

You can also use a live version of xbmc if it is all you are wanting ot use the machine for.
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:Don't turn it off.

Now I have looked at the hardware and the power useage, and leaving it switched on isnt so much of an issue. (I live in a share house where people get quite picky about the power bills)....

branlr Wrote:On what? You got rid of the ATV right? You running windows now or what?

You can also use a live version of xbmc if it is all you are wanting ot use the machine for.

Yeah, I had a PC there (after the gen 1 ATV) but I have since had to relocate that for a different purpose. When it started up, it was scripted to map the network drives, robocopy the media and then start up XBMC.

I have seen a little criticism about how XBMC performs and looks on an ATV, and I guess id like a little reassurance it wont turn out like my last AppleTV (useless)
branlr Wrote:On what? You got rid of the ATV right? You running windows now or what?

He's asking if there is a way to auto start XBMC on the ATV2.. not about Windows or Live.

At the moment, i don't believe there is. I guess it would involve re-writing the IOS to run a script or similar during start up..

It starts so quickly though that a couple of button presses is hardly worth the hassle.
Thanks, thats cleared that issue up for me.

The only other issues I have with it is stability and skins, Can anyone comment on this??

What is the skin support like?? Currently I run Aeon, and would like to keep it if I put a AppleTV in its place.

Also is XBMC/AppleTV prone to crashing??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC auto start0