List of Addons
Been searching for days. Finally discovered the instructions for SVN installer are outdated, so finding working plugins is confusing.

Is there a list of addons that work in the latest version of xbmc?
mooreted Wrote:Been searching for days. Finally discovered the instructions for SVN installer are outdated, so finding working plugins is confusing.

Is there a list of addons that work in the latest version of xbmc?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories
Saw that. Didn't see much for movies and tv in there. However; just found the Navi-X Browswer - now that rocks.

Thanks.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/
Wow, nice.

Thanks
mooreted Wrote:Saw that. Didn't see much for movies and tv in there
Thanks.

REALLY?

Then you're are missing out on Bluecop's and Nuka's Video plugins.

Thats where the good stuff is.

adult swim
cartoon network
cbs
hulu
mtv
nbc universal
southpark
spike
tbs
the colbert report
the daily show
tnt
vevo
yahoo music videos
apple movie trailers lite
cnn video
videomonkey

Its the fricking jack pot.

Guess you didnt look very hard.

The stuff amet posted is already in XBMC addon browser. You should spend some time and have a look around in XBMC.
Oh, I clicked on BlueCop and there wasn't a description so I didn't install it.

I'll check em out, thanks.
I know there is often a disconnect between developers and users. So, from an end-user's perspective:

Installed xbmc from wiki instructions
Followed wiki instructions for getting addons
--Didn't work: getting errors
--Search Google all day
--Found a post buried in the forums, xbmc doesn't use svn anymore
--Search more
--Found plugins: there is no program/plugins directory
---Search more: xbmc doesn't use that any more
--Found unofficial addons webpage

What addons do I want: don't want to install stuff I'm not going to use. Let's take a look:

Nuka:
--SVN: Not valid
--iPhoto: Don't own a Mac
--iTunes: Don't use it

Moving on.

queeup: No clue

And so on, a bunch of stuff in languages I don't speak.

BlueCop:
--"Misc video add-ons that BlueCop is updating"
---Page has no information at all
---Not installing unless I know what's in it

Moving on..

Search more, find Nuvi-X brower:
--Happy dance.

It took quite a bit of work to get this all together to make an awesome media center for me. Now I can get my friends set up with it too. But updated and more concise information would have made it much easier.
Followed wiki instructions for getting addons
--Didn't work: getting errors

1. What instructions.
2. What errors?

Please let us know where in the wiki things are incorrect so we can fix them. Even better, volunteer to fix them yourself Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

On this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Plugins

"What about Linux? The SVN Repo Installer is not included?
If you installed the basic xbmc and xbmc-common packages in Linux (even from the SVN PPA), the SVN Repo Installer plugin does not come included. The fastest way to install it is to download it from the Google Code Project page (search code.google.com for the xbmc-addons project). Download the zip file into your plugins/programs directory (see below for where this folder can be found on your installation)"

--From what I've read the SVN Repo Installer is no longer valid, xbmc uses git
--There is no "plugins/programs" directory it's now all in the "addons" directory

Tried creating the "plugins/programs" directory and putting the SVN Repo Installer in it but xbmc does not recognize it

Found this thread explaining why:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93619

Errors were not specific trying to install plugins that aren't addons as xbmc doesn't use plugins now it uses addons. Basically:

--Download awesome-pluggin-foo.zip
--Open System/Get Addons/Install From Zip
--Error: Plugin failed to install.

Hope that helps.

I would contribute to the wiki of all kinds of Linux/Open-Source projects if I had the time, but I work 6 days a week and I'm tired.
You're making this a million times harder then it is. It takes a couple of button presses with the remote.

What skin are you using?
Thanks - I've deleted the offending pages from the wiki + tried to get all the links.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry about mislead @mooreted. I change some of my outdated forum post to explain how can you install my add-ons.
FishOil Wrote:You're making this a million times harder then it is. It takes a couple of button presses with the remote.

What skin are you using?

Using the default skin at the moment. Not sure what it's called. Haven't taken the time yet to play with skins. That is my next move.

And yeah, it's easy now that I'm not flooded with information from too many places. The way addons are handled now is pretty nice.

Overall xbmc is fracking bad. I really love it.
jmarshall Wrote:Thanks - I've deleted the offending pages from the wiki + tried to get all the links.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Wow, thanks Jonathan.

The way things work now just install and add Navi-X and official/unofficial plugins and you have the best media player on the planet. I can't express how impressed I am with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List of Addons0