Error: RssFeeds.xml was either not found in the system, or does not contain parsable
Hi, XBMC team, and other forum people.

I have exactly the same error:

Error: RssFeeds.xml was either not found in the system, or does not contain parsable XML. try deleting it from your userdata folder and restartin...

This is what i´ve done:

1. I´m using Confluence skin on an AppleTV 1st gen
2. I change the location to Spanish, Mexico
3. Enter to RSS edit, and (really i don´t remember what i did) but i delete everything.
4. After that i always have the error:RssFeeds.xml was either not found...
5. i uninstall the xbmc and re-install the Dharma version (didn´t work)
6. i tried renaming the userdata name by userdata.old, restart XBMC but the program never create again the userdata folder.
7. My next step was rename the XBMC folder by XBMC.old, the software cannot run again (obviusly), and reinstall everything again, the system create again a new folder XBMC with the userdata and the RssFeeds.xml, but also didn´t work.

Please i´m going crazy HEEELPPPP!!!

The last thing that i made was to enable the debugging and log everything, what i found was:

17:29:38 T:52490240 M: 29515776 NOTICE: [SCRIPT] 'RSS Editor: version 1.5.6' initialized!
17:29:39 T:2684407808 M: 29384704 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p/script-RSS_Editor-rssEditor.xml) ------
17:29:39 T:2684407808 M: 29384704 INFO: Loading skin file: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p/script-RSS_Editor-rssEditor.xml
17:29:39 T:2684407808 M: 29380608 DEBUG: unable to load /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.rss.editor/resources/language/English(US)/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

i thought that was because doesn´s exist the folder English (US), i tried creating one, and copying the strings.xml inside, but also didn´t work

In this link can find the log:

http://www.andresconcha.com/xbmc/

the file is: XBMC.log (open with workpad or notepad++)

THANK YOU!!! .

ANDRES
I get that same error and still trying to fix the RSS. I know what I did, I've clicked to change set and after that I continue to get that message

I've tried to change RssFeeds.xml in Program Files\XBMC\userdata, I've pasted a new one, and tried to change egzisting one, but still no changes.
I have seen someone was mentioning that changes should be made in user data files within c\user directory of xbmc, but i don't see any xbmc files in users folders.

So, any suggestion are welcome Smile
i have the same exact problem. it was working until i tried to add a rss feed. then when i tried to access the rss editor, i got the same problem as mentioned above. any help would be appreciated.
The last resort option is to rename your XMBC profile directory to sopmething else. Then when you start XBMC it will start with the default settings. You can copy back your sources and library so it's reasonably quick to get everything back to your liking.

You don't say say what OS you're using so it isn't possible to give more detailed instructions.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The last resort option is to rename your XBMC profile directory to sopmething else. Then when you start XBMC it will start with the default settings. You can copy back your sources and library so it's reasonably quick to get everything back to your liking.

You don't say say what OS you're using so it isn't possible to give more detailed instructions.

JR

i am using windows 7. where can i find the XBMC profile directory? thanks
renacho Wrote:i am using windows 7. where can i find the XBMC profile directory? thanks

Press Windows-R on the keyboard, and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%

then click OK. This will open an Explorer window in which will be lots of folders including one called XBMC. You should be able to right click this and rename it.

%appdata% is an environment variable provided by Windows. It points to a directory where apps can store their user specific data. You can see what it's value is by opening a command prompt and typing the command:

echo %appdata%

On Windows 7 it will be something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming where <username> is your Windows username.

JR
thanks for your help!
This is happening under OSX Yosemite (English) as well with latest Kodi 14.2 stable build. Fresh install.
Have the same issue on Mac os 10.0.3

What you need to do is take the text from the wiki of kodi about rssfeeds.xml and create a new file, then MAKE SURE that you paste it inside the userdata directory of kodi and restart the app.
That did it for me
I know this thread is a couple of years old now, but I ran into this same issue, and managed to actually fix it.

This is on Windows 10 with the lastes version of Kodi.
What I did was go into the Directory
Code:
C:\Users\!x!\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
Where !x! is the username you are signed into.

Inside the folder the is a file named RssFeeds.xml.
Inside my file all that was in there was this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
  <!--RSS feeds. To have multiple feeds, just add a feed to the set. You can also have multiple sets.-->
  <!--To use different sets in your skin, each must be called from skin with a unique id.-->
</rssfeeds>

To fix this all I did was copy the same RssFeeds.xml file from the directory in which I had installed Kodi, in my case
Code:
F:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata

Inside RssFeeds.xml file, inside the install directory, the file SHOULD look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<rssfeeds>
  <!-- RSS feeds. To have multiple feeds, just add a feed to the set. You can also have multiple sets.     !-->
  <!-- To use different sets in your skin, each must be called from skin with a unique id.                 !-->
  <set id="1">
    <feed updateinterval="30">http://feeds.kodi.tv/xbmc</feed>
    <feed updateinterval="30">http://feeds.kodi.tv/latest_xbmc_addons</feed>
    <feed updateinterval="30">http://feeds.kodi.tv/updated_xbmc_addons</feed>
  </set>
</rssfeeds>

By copying the file from the install directory over to the appdata directory, my issue was solved 100%. For anyone that has not been able to figure this out, I hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: RssFeeds.xml was either not found in the system, or does not contain parsable0