Album thumb from id3 tag always
i noticed that in order to get an thumb picture displayed in the album view you need to put all mp3 files that belong to an album in a seperate folder.
i don't have my files sorted this way. i have my files sorted on artist name. and if i don't have the entire album i don't have a folder for it. it seems a lot of work to generate a folder for the album if i only have one track from it. this way i sometimes end up with an artist folder that have mp3 files from different albums in it. xbmc do not generate a folder thumb for this artist folder since it doesn't know which album to take it from, this i understand. however, if i go into album view these albums do not have the thumbs displayed even though there are album thumbs in their id3 tags. if i move the mp3 files into folders with the album name (and scan the folder to database) the album view gives me the correct thumbs. it seems the album thumbs are taken from the folder thumbs. i think that it would be better if the album thumb was simply created from the id3 tag. or, maybe it would be simpler to implement if the id3 tag was converted to a thumb always even when it can't be displayed for the folder. this way it would be there for the album view.

/babyblue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album thumb from id3 tag always0