[WINDOWS] Remote Maintenance Help
Hey gurus,

I have a very new XBMC + SAB + SICK + CP setup I just recently put together on a dedicated Win7 machine. The end goal is for it to be a box accessed only by remote, but here at the beginning it still requires a little maintenance.

I have used Windows Remote Desktop to access it, but it's not an ideal solution. For one thing, my accessing computer is an iMac, and the RDC client on OS X is riddled with odd exceptions. The XBMC box has only one user account, and for the sake of simplicity that user doesn't have a password. Alas, without a password, I've had little luck accessing the machine via RDC.

I would ideally like to be able to access the desktop of the win7 XBMC machine from my imac, rather than sitting 1 foot away from a 42" TV typing on a keyboard I have to unplug and move to another machine when I'm done.

Any suggestions as to remotely maintain my XBMC machine via an iMac?
Is the problem with RDC from the iMac because the account has no password? If so either set a password for that account, or create a second user account with a password.

JR
When the account has a password I can log in, but then when I reboot the machine I need to enter the account password, and as such I still need a keyboard at my remote machine.

If there's a way I can enable a passwordless login when I reboot I'd happily use that option.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Remote Maintenance Help0