[Apple TV 2] Airport Extreme + External Hard Drive - Shared with XBMC?
Question 
Hey,

I've read and tried every option that I could find on this forum, but none of them seemed to work.

I have a brand-new airport extreme with a 1.5TB external hard drive connected to it, but I can't get the hard drive to show up in XBMC on my Apple TV 2. ;(

My IP is: 10.0.1.1
My External hard drive is named: Network HD

I have my Apple TV connected to the Airport Extreme on the 5Ghz network, too.

I haven't used XBMC for a couple of years, but it's be great if you could walk me from the point of Videos/Movies/TV/Music/Photos > Add Source

Thanks! Smile
on the Airport Extreme : Disks>File Sharing> Activate file sharing with Airport Extreme Password. Guess Access : Read & write. Workgroup : WORKGROUP

On the ATV : Add Source>Zeroconf. You will see the name of your airport (samba). go in that directory then OK.

In the login field, type your airport express name, for the password your airport extreme password.

That's how i done it. More questions, just ask Wink
xpmtl Wrote:on the Airport Extreme : Disks>File Sharing> Activate file sharing with Airport Extreme Password. Guess Access : Read & write. Workgroup : WORKGROUP

On the ATV : Add Source>Zeroconf. You will see the name of your airport (samba). go in that directory then OK.

In the login field, type your airport express name, for the password your airport extreme password.

That's how i done it. More questions, just ask Wink

Well, did that, rebooted the airport, then went to > Add Source > Browse > Zeroconf Browser and nothing happens. I exited and re-entered XBMC, too. ;(

Well, I got SMB sharing working from my macbook to it for now, so that'll be good enough since most of my current stuff is on it anyhow. Haha.

Would it help if I just used an ethernet cable? My atv is sitting on top of my ae, haha.
I have the same exact setup and here's how I've done it:

Inside Airport Utility
Add network place:

The "Shared Folder" has to match whatever the disc is called
oh, u have to have nightly 080211 installed for zeroconf to work. I don't know if it was implemented in the official second release yet.
I'm having the same problem as the original poster.
Got my AEBS connected with a USB HDD (Seagate 2TB) and to the atv2, but can't setup the HDD... any solution to this? Should I connect atv2 wirelessly to be able to connect to the HDD?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] Airport Extreme + External Hard Drive - Shared with XBMC?0