Remote Share: Network is not connected
okay guys so i tried to go in and update xbmc to newer version for ATV2...i did this through nito tv and got installation failed...org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 cannot be authenticated...so instead i tried to do it through terminal in winscp...got the same error message..... am i missing something Huh?

update: rebooted everything....pc, router, atv2 and got the update to go through via nitotv.....however, i am still unable to connect to my smb....don't think its a firewall issue....i was able to connect before no problems, not to mention my pics and music are showing up in the regular atv2 apps....so i am stumped. if it was a password issue wouldn't my atv2 not be able to connect via itunes as wellHuh?

also i am still missing all of my video addons in the video section...no spot to load new ones either...however if i go in settings and view my addons for video they are all listed and say enabled...
confused
i can only say, that your log file you posted above stated "access denied" ... maybe try to add your source like following:

add source -> browse -> add network location...:

protocol "Windows network (SMB)"
server name - the ip of your samba server
shared folder - the name of the share
username - your usernam
password - your password

And click ok - it should add it as selectable point in the browse list - where you can browse it and select the folder under the share which should be your new source.
I have a AppleTV2 with the Greenposion patch running XBMC (wired network).
I have updated it several times via SSH apt-get update && apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 and is current.

Intermittently the SMB share does not work (No Connection) either in Library mode or File Manager mode!
Movies and TV shows initially scanned in OK, and playback OK... but several times a week they are unaccessible.

My additional findings are... resetting XBMC, ATV2 or router sometimes does not fix. But sometimes it does, It is very random!

Atv2 (Frontrow) Network ALWAYS states IP address!!!!
BUT>>> (when error occurs) Within XBMC , System Info the IP address is blank (IP present when SMB functioning OK). So I have reason to believe that it is to do with XBMC (but I could be incorrect)

Sometimes after one or several resets of XBMC, ATV2 and router... all becomes well (until the next time!)

Sorry I cannot post logs etc as I am unsure how to do that!
@x2funwheels

When I first did the jailbreak on my ATV2 with Greenpois0n I had a problem which sound identical to yours. Doing this fixed it for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=723...stcount=15

Having said that, I thought nito was supposed to be working properly now, so that fix might not work for you. Give it a try, and if it does work then let us know - might come in useful for someone else with the same problem.

Good luck
procrastinator Wrote:@x2funwheels

When I first did the jailbreak on my ATV2 with Greenpois0n I had a problem which sound identical to yours. Doing this fixed it for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=723...stcount=15

Having said that, I thought nito was supposed to be working properly now, so that fix might not work for you. Give it a try, and if it does work then let us know - might come in useful for someone else with the same problem.

Good luck

Thanks... I will give that a go and let you know.
But in saying that, it sometimes takes a few days for it to fail!
Problem solved with new xbmc version, thanks Smile
Memphiz Wrote:i can only say, that your log file you posted above stated "access denied" ... maybe try to add your source like following:

add source -> browse -> add network location...:

protocol "Windows network (SMB)"
server name - the ip of your samba server
shared folder - the name of the share
username - your usernam
password - your password

And click ok - it should add it as selectable point in the browse list - where you can browse it and select the folder under the share which should be your new source.

this works, using hostname doesnt
Of course it doesn't ... the hostname is only known to the pc or other devices which do netbios name resolution. For getting a hostname lookup done with XBMC you should use a real DNS server.

ciao

Memphiz
If you have "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" selected, You will probably have problems

SYSTEM>SYSTEM>Internet access
went to main apps page - settingsmbox
in here i noticed the network wasnt even setup...even though i had already connected to wifi in main system settings, it still was not connected in the settingsmbox area.
clicked on wifi and searched for avail wifi connections. ...once i did this, i was online!
hope this works for you all..i am new to this stuff so hopefully i used the right terminology Smile
Hi if I had the Ethernet cable attached to android TV box I got the above message if Remote Share: Network is not connected if you take it out the cable and just use the Wi Fi you can add source etc and install from zip file-for some reason the ethernet cable connects to the internet but not the net work hope this helps
(2020-10-22, 13:46)paddymaxwell Wrote: Hi if I had the Ethernet cable attached to android TV box I got the above message if Remote Share: Network is not connected if you take it out the cable and just use the Wi Fi you can add source etc and install from zip file-for some reason the ethernet cable connects to the internet but not the net work hope this helps
Hi, you are on the iOS/tvOS sub-forum. Please open an issue on the Android sub-forum
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share: Network is not connected0