Mysql and 2 profiles, possible?
Hi!

What I have:
-XBMC with two profiles, one for me and one for the kids. My side of it consists of about 50 movies + 20ish tv shows. The kids profile have about 50 movies-
- I have it all setup on one HTPC with the movies and tv shows stored on external harddrives. This is the main place for watching and keeping all the movies -

It works very well...but...

What I want:
XBMC with two profiles with shared database. I have 2 other computers in my house that I would like to share the central database with. I am planning on keeping the database on the main HTPC.

My most important feature is the possibility of continuing video playback on another computer + the synchronization of watched status.

I would be willing to sacrifice the kids profile, meaning it does not have to be shared. But it MUST be available on the HTPC.

What I tried:
1. Took a backup to single file of my videos (movies + tv)

2. I installed xampp version 1.7.3, setup the db + made the necessary alterations of advancedsettings.xml.

What I got:
A few issues arose.

1. The kids profile got deleted
2. All settings were reverted to default settings

Now my own movies/tv shows I imported and only partly filled the database. I think actually all movies and tv shows were present, but not all episodes. Some shows only contained 1 episode even though they are full series.

So does anybody know if there is a way to achieve this? If at all possible to have more than one shared profile, how do I do that? Also does anybody know why not all my movies/tv shows filled the database correctly?

PS: I have reverted my system to before I tried to set this up, but it did not fix the issues for some reason... I used Win 7 64 bits restore function.
This thread may help; note that you will need a seperate advancedsettings.xml for each profile.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post682352
Thanks. I actually read that thread but did not pick up on that. Thanks alot. If anybody else got any experience or comments on any of the other issues I mentioned please post them Smile

I'm going to try to set it up again tomorrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql and 2 profiles, possible?0