XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison
sroghen Wrote:I did the jailbreak 4 times over the weekend. each time ending up with the same problem.

I think I will simply use RJ45 from now on. Not worth all this effort

Man. I'm sorry to hear that Sad

this might be clutching at straws a bit, but...
* did you restore the OS with iTunes each time that you re-JB'd (not that I really know how you'd do it without restoring first!)?
* which iOS version are you using? If it is the latest one, do you have the option of a lower iOS version (i.e. did you back up the SHSH blobs from an earlier version)?
* Did you do everything on this checklist?
* Have you tried searching a jailbreak forum for similar issues?
sroghen Wrote:I did the jailbreak 4 times over the weekend. each time ending up with the same problem.

I think I will simply use RJ45 from now on. Not worth all this effort

Going with a wired connection removes a lot of variables so if you can use one for the atv2 it'll make your setup more reliable (and you won't have to setup WiFi every time you install iOS). Unless you have to use WiFi I wouldn't.

As for jailbreaks, there's lots of choices but the latest Seas0npass seems to be working best overall. If I were having any issues with jailbreaking I'd try using it first.
procrastinator Wrote:Man. I'm sorry to hear that Sad

this might be clutching at straws a bit, but...
* did you restore the OS with iTunes each time that you re-JB'd (not that I really know how you'd do it without restoring first!)?
* which iOS version are you using? If it is the latest one, do you have the option of a lower iOS version (i.e. did you back up the SHSH blobs from an earlier version)?
* Did you do everything on this checklist?
* Have you tried searching a jailbreak forum for similar issues?

Yep bang on. Running 4.2.1 and restored each time with itunes.
Ive only tried jailbreak with greenpoison. Perhaps I will try SeasonPass when I get a chance.
As I say, RJ45 works well. No issues. Wifi seems too troublesome at this stage.
yep. 4.2.1 and restored with itunes.
will prob try seasonpass next when i get a chance.
rj45 works well, so I dont know whether I will bother with wifi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison0