Zotac ZBox ID40
Any thoughts on this setup? Reviews? Not finding a lot of info but the little I have found has been good...

I am trying to find the best hardware for my buck. Also, what do I do for a remote on this since it does not come with one?

I'm a complete noob at this so be kind :o
I'd recommend the ND22 instead.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I'd recommend the ND22 instead.

+1
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I'd recommend the ND22 instead.

I have an Atom 525 system as well as well as the Zotac ND22. The Atom is fine to serve as a dedicated HTPC device, with no other applications run on it. And forget running any full featured skins like Aeon MQ2. I use my Zotac as lightweight server. It runs mysql, sickbeard, and SABnzbd with no issues. I am thinking about adding an SSD to the ZOTAC so I can share my thumbnails folder as well. In retrospect, I would get 2 of the ZOTACs instead of an Atom.
tboooe Wrote:I have an Atom 525 system as well as well as the Zotac ND22. The Atom is fine to serve as a dedicated HTPC device, with no other applications run on it. And forget running any full featured skins like Aeon MQ2. I use my Zotac as lightweight server. It runs mysql, sickbeard, and SABnzbd with no issues. I am thinking about adding an SSD to the ZOTAC so I can share my thumbnails folder as well. In retrospect, I would get 2 of the ZOTACs instead of an Atom.
When you say ZOTACs I presume you mean the Zotac ND22. There are many Atom-based Zotac boxes.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:When you say ZOTACs I presume you mean the Zotac ND22. There are many Atom-based Zotac boxes.

Yes yes...I would get an ND22 again over any Atom based system, Zotac, Acer ,etc....I realize that you can never have too much CPU power!
Any beefs with the ND22? The reviews are pretty good but some cons. Anything anyone else wants to point out? Also what about DTS?
The only cons for me are the two I pointed out in my mini-review. Other than that I am quite happy.
drwatson85 Wrote:Any beefs with the ND22? The reviews are pretty good but some cons. Anything anyone else wants to point out? Also what about DTS?

I PM'd you....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBox ID400