installing with NitoTV
I Installed on ATV 2g using NitoTV. However it never shows up on the menu after install.
I have done two ATV2 units. On one, installing via NitoTV menu worked fine.

On the second unit, I ran into the same issue as you. XBMC installs successfully using the NitoTV menu, however, I could never get it to appear in the LowTide interface. Even after rebooting the entire ATV2. I find that SSH into this unit and install XBMC according to the instructions in the XBMC wiki worked great though. Not sure what's going on there.

You may try SSH into and reinstalling NitoTV according to posted instructions somewhere on this forum. The instructions were to fix Wifi issues with the NitoTV reinstall, but perhaps it would fix the ability to install XBMC as well.
Installing from NitoTV wouldn't work for me either. I did the SSH method from the Wiki instructions and it worked like a charm.
Try it twice.

Didn't work for me first time. Tried it again in NitoTV and bam XBMC is there.
Gooki Wrote:Try it twice.

Didn't work for me first time. Tried it again in NitoTV and bam XBMC is there.

same for me.. installed it the first time... was "succesful" but not on the main interface. without trying anything, i simply installed it a 2nd time and it showed up.
i use the commands installation guide works perfect for me..
Did not work for me either through nitoTV, I installed then through ssh.
XBMC installed fine for me the first time using nitoTV.
I tried to install via NitoTV for 3 times and it failed. Went with the ssh way and XBMC installed perfectly on 3 Apple TV2 Big Grin
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
installing with NitoTV0