Video studdering and no audio !
Hi there guyz, Im new to the site, thanx for having me and XBMC as well, I really liked the look of the media player, but seem to be havin this major prob playin 1080p MKV with DTS, all other video plays well, I get no sound and the video studders or freezes big time on a new HTPC Ive put together, heres what I got, Asus mobo with onboard ATI 3200 with latest drivers, AMD Phenom II X4 955 cpu, 8gbs ram, if any other info is needed let me know, I jus cant seem to get this to play without studdering or audio, any help would be great please and thanx !
Hey I opened a topic about this too but nobody has a solution for me yet.

Is it only 1080p in your case or 720p as well? and the timebar, does that stay stuck on 0:00 to 0:03 on your pc like me?

Weirdly enough the very first install of XBMC ran fine, but then I reinstalled and got this.
i get complete studdering from the get go and does not stop even to stop the movie is tough cause the arrow frezzes up big time, havnt tried 720p yet will check later, im jus wondering if its my hardware or if its software, all other videos play fine with vid an audio, strange thing is the same setup on my older dell inspiron 1525 laptop it all runs fine with no issues, which bothers me cause the new HTPC should blow it out of the water bigtyme !
*bump*
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94378 looks as though it might be a similar problem.

JR
I finally got it to work, I did this

1. Uninstall sound drivers (mine is club3d theatron agrippa)
2. reboot and go in bios
3. I put the front panel HD audio on, but disabled front panel.
4. Put internal graphics mode on UMA+sideport
5. go in windows, disable and uninstall AMD (or whatever sound driver other than my soundcard)
6. install sound drivers for my soundcard
7. Now you should have rebooted in windows
8. now those amd drivers etc. are reinstalled also by itself so disable them, don't completely uninstall them
9. configure in configuration centre in windows, in hardware and sounds, your output to loudspeakers theatron agrippa
10. put audio output in xbmc to optical/coax and then WASAPI: digital

I'm not exactly sure which steps solved this but it's solved Big Grin
Ich have the exact same issue.
Also with an Radeon 3200 onboard graphics and AMD Quadcore.

The video stutters extremely and no audio is played.

I noticed that one of the 4 cpu cores ist at 100% load.

I suspect the new catalyst 11.02 since before I upgraded the driver everything was wokring flawlessly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video studdering and no audio !0