• 36(current)
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
Well it can be as it offers an x86 cpu, with solid performance(specially if you upgrade the ram to 4gb, and you can run chromeOS along slide OpenElec, install Linux, or if you don't mind going through hoops install a legal copy of Windows.
(2015-03-11, 08:56)mingus Wrote: Is it better?

Seriously have you even read the first page of this thread that goes into extensive detail on the Chromebox, RPi2 etc. ?
If you had this question would not even have been asked.

(2015-03-11, 16:02)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 08:56)mingus Wrote: Is it better?

Seriously have you even read the first page of this thread that goes into extensive detail on the Chromebox, RPi2 etc. ?
If you had this question would not even have been asked.

please accept my apologies but like a moron I hadn't read the first page.
The HP Stream Mini is now shipping from the HP online store.
I was ready to buy an Asus chrome box after reading the helpful first post. Couple questions tho.

After a quick google the M004U seems the best chrome box. (Since I don't need any crazy future-proofing) does that sound about right or is there any new ones recently or soon out?

Anyone in the uk know why it doesn't seem to be sold here? Any obvious problems I might hit if I buy one from U.S. eBay?

Aldo I really fancy running proper live TV through Kofi using my digital TV aerial, do I need to consider a more powerful machine for that?

Much appreciated folks
Besides the power plug and warranty, I don't think one would hit any problems.
poofyhairguy, I've added a chart here for 3D player options if you want to link to it in your first post. I plan on keeping it updated.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I've been thinking of setting up another TV in our kids playroom with a Kodi box, so this may be the best news I've seen yet.
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0
(2015-03-17, 01:44)sprale Wrote: I've been thinking of setting up another TV in our kids playroom with a Kodi box, so this may be the best news I've seen yet.

What news?
I think he means Raspberri Pi now supporting frame-packed 3D?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Frame packing and mvc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello all,

So after some much needed advice, I'm typing a more concise post with only a few questions at a time. Lol sorry everyone. Really new to the tech and to this forum. I'm following the majority advice and going with an (M004U) Asus Chromebox 2955U w/ 16GB SSD and 2GB RAM.

My question is where to get a good deal and what sources are good and not good ideas. For example:

Amazon $157.37 + Free Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-CHROMEBOX-M00...ox+celeron

Newegg $149.99 + Free
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...lsrc=aw.ds

Dealscube $138.60 + Free. I'm hesitant about this because I've never purchased from here before.
https://www.dealscube.com/index.php?modu...oCSIzw_wcB

Ebay $124.99 + Free. This one seems to be the best option since I can use Paypal Credit and pay over 6 months.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Chromebox-M...3aa1fb8973

The last one seems like the best option because of price but MORE importantly, I'm looking to use Paypal credit and pay over time. Only possible issue is that it's not a bid store. Thoughts?
I don't buy anything on ebay that's not BIN. If it's a legit retailer with positive feedback then I don't see a problem, esp since you are protected by paypal/ebay.
(2015-03-18, 21:47)Matt Devo Wrote: I don't buy anything on ebay that's not BIN. If it's a legit retailer with positive feedback then I don't see a problem, esp since you are protected by paypal/ebay.

By BIN, do you mean But It Now. Lol, just wanted to make sure. 'P

And yes, they have 65 reviews with 100% positive feedback. It doesn't look as if this is one of their major products, but still, they seem to have sold almost 100 units.
correct. I don't have time to bother tracking auctions Smile
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)26