Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
couto27 Offline
The DTS-HD arrive in some streaming services and OTT starting with cinemanow in 2014.

Please Note **This DTS-HD below is primarily meant for streaming media and it supports adaptive bitrate playback

Quote:DTS Brings DTS-HD Multi-Channel Surround Sound To OTT On-Demand Services at Best Buy, Dixons and Sainsbury's

Source : prnewswire

Quote:Xbox users can now enjoy Starz content with premium, multi-channel surround sound.
DTS and Starz have announced the addition of DTS-HD support for the network's Starz Play, Encore Play, and Movieplex Play streaming platforms through the Xbox One. This makes Starz the first authenticated online TV Everywhere provider to use DTS-HD audio technology.

source: DTS

CinemaNow has DTS-HD streaming
Quote:Remember, not all movies have the DTS-HD audio track. Look for the DTS-HD logo within the movie details page on your device. If DTS-HD is turned on but not available on a movie, CinemaNow will playback in AAC 2-channel stereo.

Source: cinemanow

M-Go video on demand
Quote:The DTS-HD premium audio encoding solution will be deployed in stages across all M-GO compatible devices throughout the coming months.

source: prnewswire

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 + 93.22 + 93.21 DIY | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | Mitsubishi HC5 100" | LG OLED 55EC930V | MED1000X3D

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about audio & video.
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT

(This post was last modified: 2015-10-01 05:49 by couto27.)
find quote
wesk05 Offline
Although WeTeK Core (Amlogic S812-H) has a DTS-HD decoder, none of the streaming services listed above will have DTS-HD on WeTeK Core. CinemaNow, M-GO are Samsung exclusive, Starz seems to be exclusive to Xbox (I didn't even know that Starz had DTS-HD audio). On all Android boxes that I have checked, Starz is only stereo.

CinemaNow uses 512Kbps bitrate for DTS-HD!
(This post was last modified: 2015-10-01 06:42 by wesk05.)
find quote
toyopl Offline
Is Asus Chromebox still the best choice right now ?
All I need is for it to run Kodi, run movies I share wirelessly at home, and to run mkv files off a usb.
find quote
wrxtasy Online
Posting Freak
Yes. Depending on the price comparison of the next option.

If you want to future proof things a bit with up to 4K/1080p HEVC hardware decoding you would get a ASRock Beebox N3000/N3150/N3700.

find quote