[Live] Custom keymaps not working
Hi, I'm in the process of configuring my remote buttons, and have been successful in mapping them to existing XBMC commands. However, I am having some trouble mapping to custom commands I define myself.

For example, in my /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml I can have:
Code:
<start>Eject</start>
and this works as expected - the eject key performs the XBMC 'start' command (start is just a command I had not used elsewhere in my lircmap.xml).
However, if I change this to:
Code:
<eject>Eject</eject>
the button no longer performs any function.

Originally, I had the definition of the 'eject' command in the user-specific ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml, which looked something like:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <remote>
            <eject>XBMC.EjectTray()</eject>
        </remote>
    </global>
</keymap>

When that didn't work, I moved the definition to the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml file:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <remote>
            <eject>XBMC.EjectTray()</eject>
            ... existing commands ...

When this still had no effect, I tried using a 'simpler' command:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <remote>
            <eject>Select</eject>
            ... existing commands ...

I cannot seem to get custom commands to work. From what I have read, I would have thought this would work - obviously I was mistaken Tongue.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I rebooted the machine after each change before testing to see if the change worked.
Well, I suppose the lack of responses so far means I'm not doing anything obviously wrong. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Does XBMC keep a log of attempted command calls? At least then I could check if it was being called at all, even if the definition is not being found.
The eject tag is deprecated.

Maybe this will be of some use to you:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=708...stcount=12

Turns out I was responding to a necrod thread so maybe the post will actually be of some use to somebody. Smile
Ah. I was not aware there even was an eject tag, but I was under the impression that I could create my own tags, with custom names. I don't know where I got that impression... Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Custom keymaps not working0