recently added videos not working
Yeah cool - doesn't show. no biggie.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Shoesy Wrote:Yeah cool - doesn't show. no biggie.

Thanks for the very helpful input.
Glad you could stop by and solve the problem for everyone.
amet Wrote:spamming the thread, your issue has nothing to do with the OP.

Looks to me like my issue is somewhat the same as the OP. The autoscan feature isn't working.....

If I'm wrong then would you mind correcting me instead of bashing?

Would be nice to have some help.. I've searched everywhere for an answer and can't seem to find one.. Seems like a pretty common problem right now for a lot of people with no answers....

Thats all I'm asking...
DeniedByFleury Wrote:Looks to me like my issue is somewhat the same as the OP. The autoscan feature isn't working.....

If I'm wrong then would you mind correcting me instead of bashing?

Would be nice to have some help.. I've searched everywhere for an answer and can't seem to find one.. Seems like a pretty common problem right now for a lot of people with no answers....

Thats all I'm asking...

There is nothing about this thread that has to do with scanning or autoscanning.

This thread is about the skin not showing your last 4 added movies on the main page. Its a 'view' issue, not a scan issue.

If the problem you are reporting is a common problem right now for a lot of people then I would think the best course of action would be to post on one of those threads and include the necessary info, such as a debug log.
dtviewer Wrote:There is nothing about this thread that has to do with scanning or autoscanning.

This thread is about the skin not showing your last 4 added movies on the main page. Its a 'view' issue, not a scan issue.

If the problem you are reporting is a common problem right now for a lot of people then I would think the best course of action would be to post on one of those threads and include the necessary info, such as a debug log.

I did that,

i was just browsing to see if there was a solution, sorry that i got confused on the matter.

thanks for the advice
in
Code:
/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p/custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml

look for:

Code:
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(homepageShowRecentlyAdded)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(homepageShowRecentlyAdded)</selected>

and replace it with:

Code:
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(homepageHideRecentlyAdded)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(homepageHideRecentlyAdded)</selected>

thanks to Jezz_X for the solution
working ok, but doesn't display thumbnails:

Code:
03:28:37 T:92692480 M:107524096  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
03:28:37 T:92692480 M:107520000  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
03:29:11 T:154288128 M: 85229568  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:29:11 T:154288128 M: 85389312  NOTICE: {'limit': '4'}
03:29:12 T:136232960 M: 85381120   ERROR: Texture manager unable to open file special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/6/auto-6ffb9ab0.tbn

my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.2.3</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.2.11/Download/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I'm not sure what could be wrong
castortray Wrote:working ok, but doesn't display thumbnails:

my advancedsettings.xml

I'm not sure what could be wrong

please, please , please... search... your issue has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

thumbs not displaying is a different issue altogether Sad
amet (& Jezz_X).. thanks for the help getting this resolved. working now! Did you post this to get this fixed in the next release?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:amet (& Jezz_X).. thanks for the help getting this resolved. working now! Did you post this to get this fixed in the next release?

I'll commit it later
dtviewer Wrote:Thanks for the very helpful input.
Glad you could stop by and solve the problem for everyone.

Sorry fella- I did sound a bit flippant there didnt I? Must have been a Monday thing.

Glad its all sorted now - nice one guys.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
For fixing the error of castortray

For the thumbs not loading in recently added script when using thumbnail substitution to a samba share you have to modify the script because it is not aware of the fact that thumbnails could be stored on a samba share ...

Code:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.recentlyAdded/RecentlyAdded.py

search for "auto-" and comment the following lines

Code:
#if ( not os.path.isfile( xbmc.translatePath( thumb ) ) ):
      #thumb = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/auto-%s" % ( thumb_cache[ 0 ], thumb_cache, )

this is a dirty hack because i just didn't found a good xbmc python api docu ...
Sorry I posted in the wrong thread....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
recently added videos not working0